AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this pouch for years. I found it in a box in the garage today. Can anyone tell me what I have here? The top straps are velcored down, they can also fold to the side and attach there via velcro. It looks to fit a box of 7.62 NATO belted ammo. And why the fastex buckles?
DSCN1338_zps178a5a1c.jpg DSCN1339_zps756b9476.jpg DSCN1340_zpsda2e590d.jpg

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to add, it's got a thick foam pad on the inside rear of the pouch.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Not the right shape or size. Not to mention, the "BII" for said radio is a medium alice.

It looks like it has side flaps to allow belted ammo to feed.
This pouch ain't MOLLE either.
Two flaps... Does ammo normally feed outta both sides of a box then? Hmm. Ambidextrous belt-feed system. Mount it on the left... Mount it on the right...Why not put one on top too? LOL Great Idea!

Flaps are for power leads connecting it to the radio unit or to additional power packs. The insulation in back of pouch is for heat protection as lithium batteries get pretty warm.

90% of the time if a pouch makes no sense, its for the C4I gear of some sort.

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
This pouch ain't MOLLE either.
Two flaps... Does ammo normally feed outta both sides of a box then? Hmm. Ambidextrous belt-feed system. Mount it on the left... Mount it on the right...Why not put one on top too? LOL Great Idea!

Flaps are for power leads connecting it to the radio unit or to additional power packs. The insulation in back of pouch is for heat protection as lithium batteries get pretty warm.

90% of the time if a pouch makes no sense, its for the C4I gear of some sort.
Worked radios in Special Ops, SF and LRS for 15+ years and never seen a pouch or pack like that.

The only set up where you have any external amplifier are much smaller.

Almost Every other radio uses an internal battery box. The only exception, the pouch has mesh for the battery compartment to allow the battery to cool.

The foam is either for comfort in the prone or for floatation. Allot of the custom set ups the SEALs use have floatation to offset loads.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Looks like it's an Eagle Industries M-60 assault pack. Slight differences but looks like the same pouch to me.

DSCN1338_zps178a5a1c.jpg pouch 2.png

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ding! Ding! Ding! davehal9000 for the win!

My pouch is missing the lower buckle, and by the looks of it, it was never there. The velcro patch also extends lower on my pouch.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Eagle did a good job of responding to customer feedback from the field. I'd imagine one is an upgrade from the other. I'd imagine yours had a strap that was removable and got lost. Don't know if it was earlier or later. Will do some digging

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm a retired Army officer and I've never seen one like that before. My hunch is that it's for belted machinegun ammo (M249, M240B or M60). If I had to bet, I'd say M249 because it doesn't look very wide and may accommodate the shorter .223 ammo. Again... just my guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts