AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this on ebay a short time ago for 10 bucks. It was advertised as a 6 mag capacity, but then later corrected that it needed to be borken in to achieve this. I managed to stick 6 black bulgarian AK74 mags in there. They arent really tactically accessible thou. You would need magpuls to yank em out. Ive never seen pics of other vests similiar, although recently I saw some pics of Albanina soldiers and 1 vest was the same green color, but couldnt confirm on the plastic toggles or 2 grenade pockets. It seems unique. Any thoughts on where its from?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sturm
no ink mfg marks anywhere on it. Its a fairly tough material too, and the pocket flaps and the actual pocket of the grenade pouches minus the harness side are rubberized. The straps are nylon with those double D rings. Its really unique, Ive looked all over to find similar and havent see any. You know of any places to find the ChiCom 4 mag pouch rigs. I havent seen many of those around either.

·
Banned
413 Posts
I wonder if it's an updated version of the chinese canvas chest rig?

Bill

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I don't know. The shoulder straps look like nylon.

It might be Asian, but I don't know if the PRC has discovered nylon field gear yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ding, Ding, Ding

Well spotted, BCR! You hit it.

These were marketed here by CDNN several years ago in both olive drab and cammo options. They're made up on mainland China for the new ChiCom bullpups (varying model designations are too uncertain for give at this time). In my experience they will accommodate your standard 30-round 5.45mm bananas -- paired up per cell -- and, in a pinch, 7.62mm bananas -- individually -- w/ some protest. Out of stock for quite some time naturally.

Materials are your typical soddy, goretex knockoff synthetic garbage and black plastic toggles. Pretty nice kit, actually, when you take everything into account ...

HTH.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. I think I recall seeing one in that Chinese camo pattern years ago actually now that you mention that. What was CDNN charging for them if you recall? I figured at $9.99 it was a cheap. Dont think Id find anything less than that to mess around with and beat on. I think the seller I bought mine from still has em on Ebay if anyones interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts