AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Hungarian SA--85M with this Russian furniture on it. I don't think I'll leave it on there, can anyone tell me what type of rifle it is for and confirm it's Russian?

The buttstock has the little square with a line proof (hard to see in photo), and the lower handguard has what looks like a brass button in it???

I know the pistolgrip is a Polytech.

Thanks, I'm ignorant on the Russian stuff, if you have a question on Chinese stuff let me know...

Pics of rifle:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Russian AKM furniture wit funky pistol grip.

I'd say ditch the muzzle brake and unban the FSB & GB. Add a cleaning rod & you'll have a sweet Russian AKM clone!

That or sell the receiver/gun to me! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
You have a Russian AKM butt.

The mark is a rearsenal/replacement mark for Izhmash.

The upper looks to be an AK74 piece.

The lower is hard to tell, but could be a Russian or Egyptian AKM lower.

The overall look is pretty good, except for the brake.

I am with greentimber.

Replace the FS/GB for a lug and cleaning rod loops and set it up as an AKM, either Russian or whatever.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Z-Recto, good to see ya'. You still sellin' those Russian or Russian-like laminate pistolgrips? Got anything around that matches this color?

The bbl is threaded, fsb has the detent, finish is excellent so I'm reluctant to start working on it and having to refinish it. I'd like to get a laminate pistolgrip for it and a U.S. slantbrake to start.

I'll consider replacing the gb and fsb once I get some use out of it. It appears unfired.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
THS,

I am still making and selling the grips.

Let me know if you want one.

Trying to match that color will be a bit of a chore as it looks a bit weird to me. Not typical Russain colors.

I do not have any done at the moment, but id you want one, I can make one up.

As for the front end conversion.

If you take care with the work, you can remove the pieces without too muc trauma to the finish and just touch up the GB/FS with a spray can for the time being.

I did that to a SA M5 when I did the front end work on it.

It turuned out perfect.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You bet I want one, PM sent!

I think I'm swayed, after I get the furniture settled I'll get working on the gb/fsb.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Couple of pics of one of Zrecto's awesome grips.
Would fit right in on any Russian gun.
Z's a wood carvin laminatin' animal !
The one pictured is a "skinny" he sent me.
Haven't seen his fattie grips but willing to bet they are as beautifully made as this one.
We need to all chip in and buy this man a pantograph and get him to make us some Type 3 buttstocks !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts