AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MrKrink, or anyone else with extensive SKS knowlege....
I posted this on another board, but then I realized that there are quite a few SKS collectors here as well.

I have a Chinese SKS from factory 206.
I bought this rifle new in box in 1992 or 1993.
It has been fired, but very little.
It has an import stamp on the rear on the receiver cover (Fed Ord Inc, S.E.M., CA)
It came new with bayonet and sling attached, and a laminated stock with side mount sling swivel.
It has what appears to be a unique four digit serial number ( 70 - XX ).
All numbers match, even the stock, although the number on the stock appears to be engraved rather than stamped.
It has a milled receiver and trigger assembly.
It doesn't have the lightening cut in the bolt.
It has a threaded barrel with the short lug, and the barrel appears to be pinned as well, with a vertical pin on each side.

The rifle...

The import stamp...

The serial number.....

I can add more pictures if needed.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
That is a very unique SKS. What symbol is used on the rear sight for the 'battle setting'?

П, D, III, or something else? This may be an undelivered/surplus "contract" gun.

Extensive pics would be great, if not too much trouble. Everything is in the details.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the interest, and any help would be appreciated.

"What symbol is used on the rear sight for the 'battle setting'?
П, D, III, or something else? "

It's the letter "D".....

And the factory stamp and serial no.......

I posted this on survivor's board and had been told that it may be a military contract rifle, but to what country is anybody's guess.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
WOW, sorry I just found this thread..................

That one is very unique. At first glance I thought it may be a Sino-Soviet because of the laminated stock. I am not aware of any of the CHinese ever having a laminated one. Serial number does not fit any of the norman patterns of a Sino or a Chinese. The later Chinese had some hyphenated numbers. My guess would be it may have been a prototype rifle or like someone said a contract rifle. Wood does look Chinese but laminated. I would venture to say it is a 1970 of something, maybe a Vietnam gun before they started making the red jungle stocks.

Have you tried YooperJ here with your question. He is a member with more knowledge than me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
MrKrink said:
WOW, sorry I just found this thread..................

That one is very unique. At first glance I thought it may be a Sino-Soviet because of the laminated stock. I am not aware of any of the CHinese ever having a laminated one.
Some chinese guns had LAMINATED stocks -the poster's is clearly one.

During the happy days of chinese SKS importation, I worked in a shop that got them by the case -some were in laminated stocks.

Some got taken off by doober customers who wanted a ATI folder on them -I gave the stocks to buddies who appreciated them (I debated keeping one, but they are a bit heavy...I should have kept one anyway).

They were NOT on any sino-sov guns (that I saw) -they were on SHORT COLLAR SKS guns (the sino-sov is a LONG COLLAR action SKS).

So there...but I'ma no damn expurt, doan wanna be!

LG :neutral:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts