AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are these rifles? Any of you experience problems with feeding, extraction? I know that CAI WASR's get a bad rap for all the little problems they come with, but what about the Tantals? I want a 5.45 AK but the SLR 105s are hard to come by, and expensive. Are these Tantals food shooters, and what's the main difference between them, and other 5.45 shooting AKs? Also I imagine that the wire folder that it has can be replaced by a Bulgarian triangle stock right?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now I noticed that they fold on the right.... I guess no triangle stock.... :sad:

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Century does not import the Tantals.

They contract their construction from kits to outside jobbers.

Do your homework, there are plenty of reviews.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The CIA Tantals get mixed reviews. Here is a recent thread over at ARF
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 517&page=1

Basically as I understand if it has a chrome lined barrel you should be ok.
If its a rebarrel you may end up with Keyhole impacts. The wrong barrels, 5.56 as some suspected, were used on some. The odd barrels were not chromelined.

A solid stock could be placed on the rifle but a bulgy sidefolder would need some considerable work for the trunnion and sidefolder latch.

I test fired a my Tantal I built from a kit this weekend and there is very minimal kick noticed using a factory brake and the steel folder buttstock. No keyhole with a factory barrel either. :grin:

To me the Tantal is more unique than the Bulgy 74s due to the variations from all other AKs. Gastube, top handguard, handguard retaining lever, gasblock (designed for use with bipod), muzzle brake, barrel cut and thread M14x1LH with barrel extending past the threads, recoil spring guide locking latch, and left side selector (nonfunctioning on semi), and folding wire stock make the Tantal a very unique weapon. Not to mention the 11 on the trunnion. :grin: Tantals were black at the factory, mine will get GKs AK-Black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts