AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Vendor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES, Piece of History Firearms will build CA compliant guns, but No Sales to CA. You will have to already have your receiver transferred to you in CA and send ALL the Compliance Parts with your build or contact us for compliance options. All builds will meet POHF standards except for CA mods depending on which way you want to go. OUR RULES APPLY as well as CA DOJ regulations, if we do not feel anyone is up front with us, we will have to pass on your build, period. We welcome inquiries https://www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com/ ... quest.html
Thank you, Mario @ POHF

· Registered
3,098 Posts
joe_sun said:
I see nothing wrong with your policy Mario and thank you for offering services to California.
+1, even though I don't live in CA, I think its good of you to try to help those guys out. If they aren't happy with what you're offering, they can build their own AK! :grin:

· Registered
316 Posts
PoHF said:
YES, Piece of History Firearms will build CA compliant guns, but No Sales to CA. You will have to already have your receiver transferred to you in CA and send ALL the Compliance Parts with your build or contact us for compliance options. All builds will meet POHF standards except for CA mods depending on which way you want to go. OUR RULES APPLY as well as CA DOJ regulations, if we do not feel anyone is up front with us, we will have to pass on your build, period. We welcome inquiries https://www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com/ ... quest.html
Thank you, Mario @ POHF
Thanks for offering this!

drummerdude1188 said:
most people on calguns are idiots, dont take it to hard.
Same with arfcom and any other big public board. Altho we are a bit sensitive because any post related to California on a gun board always results in "move out of there", "commie state", "vote em out", etc.

· Registered
3,098 Posts
drummerdude1188 said:
My case in point http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... p?t=320771

Every one jumped on him for only "building" guns and not "selling" guns, and got their panties in a twist. Im guessing he simply does not want to deal with CA FFL's, and the CFLC. Which makes sense, and its not like he sells that many guns anyways, so i dont know why it was that big a deal.
Wow.... I can't believe what a bunch of whiny little farts those turds are.... How can they blame him for not wanting to register with the CADOJ to do business that he can conduct almost anywhere else in the US with zero problems? Then they start telling him that he should donate money to their cause?? What a welcome! (not to mention accusing him of only doing business with CA to serve his own "greedy" needs) I guess its really none of my business, but as a former resident of CA (Thousand Oaks) I can see why so few people in the gun industry are willing to do any business in CA. It's good to know that other Californians (like those on this site) are taking PoHF's new services for what they are: a brother helping out a brother. God knows with all the back-log that he has that greed has nothing to do with Mario's offer.

Well, I'm off my soap box. Hope everything goes well with your new customers Mario!

Andy

· Vendor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I did not expect that at all. I have sold rifles to people in CA before through proper channels. Guess what? I have maybe 5-6 people I can remember that have asked me to build or work on anything in the past (6) years from CA. I didn't know this was...

· Vendor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PoHF said:
Well, I did not expect that at all. I have sold rifles to people in CA before through proper channels. Guess what? I have maybe 5-6 people I can remember that have asked me to build or work on anything in the past (6) years from CA. I didn't know this was...
A big deal. I have tried to work with people as I feel comfortable with but have not really gotten much work from this post. If some of you from CA want a project built contact me via email, I do not jack up prices depending on your addy, I extend my services one more time. Thank you, Mario @ POHF

· Registered
1,515 Posts
PoHF said:
PoHF said:
A big deal. I have tried to work with people as I feel comfortable with but have not really gotten much work from this post. If some of you from CA want a project built contact me via email, I do not jack up prices depending on your addy, I extend my services one more time. Thank you, Mario @ POHF

Thank you Mario, I have several builds that I will contact you to do in the future to build. Thanks for offering your services to CA, there are people who appreciate it.

· Banned
330 Posts
PoHF said:
Mario, like on most websites, the most vocal people are usually not the most thoughtful ones with depth. I would ask you to build a Chinese T56 clone if I have access to a CNC/Warrior receiver, but they don't ship to CA. That's a pity

Fortunately, SA93 is legal in CA that gave us endless T3 possibilities. If I have a Chinese underfoling bayonet, is it a straight forward work to make a T56 close with SA93?

Also, a point about CA-compliance. One can simply detach the P-grip and leave everything in place to be CA compliant. In reality, there is no difference between CA compliant and regular AK if one uses a non-listed base rifle and leaves off the P-grip. For folding stocks, they need to be fixated, or an extra muzzle brake added to make the overall length > 30" when the stock is folded

CNC or firingline receivers are totally CA compliant as long as they are built correctly. I bought a half built FiringLine/Polish T3 with grenade launching kits on it. The most smooth milled AK i have. FiringLine also refuse to sell to CA

I believe that the comments on Calguns were mostly not directed toward you, if at all. It must reflect the frustration some of us have when some venders refuse to do business with us. Some are scared of the complicated laws, and some refuse for the matter of "principle." Just as having our current president or the previous one (depending on where you stand) does not automatically make every American guilty, refusing to do business with CA residents out of "principle" is pretty stupid. That makes many of us frustrated. I therefore appreciate your willingness to do business with CA residents!

Best regards. Your T56 build for MKM is breath taking!

· Registered
2,642 Posts
Don't be discouraged by the creeps on CalGuns. I'm no expert but I don't believe they represent the majority of 2A people in CA who own, or would like to own, PoHF creations. They're an aberration altogether.

Personally, I would just stay the Hell away from that site and the little girls that run it, it's a bitchy douche-a-rama, IMO.

· Registered
115 Posts
Just ran across this thread looking at rifles for sale...

Everything that people on here have said about Calguns is 100% true. It's sad and pathetic actually. I think they get caught up in thier own little "web world". It's bad enough having to admit being a Californian, but to have a bunch of bozos in "the gun community" act that way to someone who is willing to do builds for a Californian, is B.S.

There is a reason why I never spend time on that site, and most all the reasons have been posted already.

· Vendor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Piece of History is now shipping directly to CA so a build ( with POHF supplied receiver) or transfer will be shipped from POHF which is now registered at CA DOJ. Piece of History will also transfer out firearms that other Dealers will not ship to CA for a transfer fee + shipping, Leg work is extra. CA compliant mods will also be available for those who do not know of this service. This was done for Loyal CA customers who continue to value the relationship with POHF as I do theirs.

Thank you, Mario @ POHF

· Registered
1,515 Posts
PoHF said:
Piece of History is now shipping directly to CA so a build ( with POHF supplied receiver) or transfer will be shipped from POHF which is now registered at CA DOJ. Piece of History will also transfer out firearms that other Dealers will not ship to CA for a transfer fee + shipping, Leg work is extra. CA compliant mods will also be available for those who do not know of this service. This was done for Loyal CA customers who continue to value the relationship with POHF as I do theirs.

Thank you, Mario @ POHF

:hail: thank you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.