AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning gun after putting 100 rounds down range yesterday, happy with how bolt/bolt carrier looks. Then this happens
20160522_145729.jpg
20160522_145801.jpg

Is this a big enough problem to call and deal with Century customer support over, or will the gun still go bang reliably?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The camming side of the bullet guide broke off, do not fire it, send it back to Century.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The camming side of the bullet guide broke off, do not fire it, send it back to Century.
Thanks for the heads up.
I tried talking to their customer service, i was redirected to a voice mail, that then informed me the voice mail was full and ended the call. So far so good....

·
Registered
559 Posts
Good luck. They are the shittiest people to deal with. I've never had luck talking to someone who actually could figure out what I was after. All four times I ended the call more pissed off than I had started.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea... starting to regret not dropping the extra money on something like a sam7r.
Live and learn i guess

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Take it back to the dealer who sold it to you and see if they will swap it for a new gun.
Its a part failure that is obvious and the dealer may have better luck dealing with Century.
I really want one of these but if they are going to break it makes me think twice.
I may just save up a little more and get the DDI milled AK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only downside to that is I just dropped $200 on a c39 version TWS gen 3. eh.. maybe i can sell it at a loss or it will fit the replacement.

·
Registered
330 Posts
That's kind of a bad luck and unusual failure, particularly being what I guess is your first ak, and low rounds. The fix should not be too difficult, if you get to where customer service is too much of a pain in the ass to deal with. Probably $10-$15 in parts.

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
350 rounds? I hope their CS takes care of you, that is nuts.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts