AK Rifles banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
definitely a piece sheared/broken off of it, might be safe to shoot another 1000rds or might blow up fully on the next one. Id not shoot it, but its your call...Id contact century quickly, theres a lawsuit against them over the california garlic fest shooting and they may not be around much longer. If you have a choice, opt for your money back. If not, replace the rifle and dump the fucker on some unsuspecting rube then go buy you a decent weapon.
Century Arms has survived putting 5.56 barrels on 5.45 tantals, grinding bolt faces on C308s, using the "bucking bar" method while seating AK barrels, making a subpar ak with subpar cast trunnions and bolts (C39), and replacing that with the C39v2, and then putting out an AKM variant with the same subpar cast parts (Ras47) and replacing that with the VSKA, all of which have had a long history of loosing head space, shearing locking lugs and bolt lugs and becoming dangerous, to now making the BFT47 that was instantly recalled, countless lawsuits across the world ranging from distributing weapons used in crimes to releasing weapons with faulty safties and other features.
If they can survive all of that and continue to be a thriving organization, they'll be allright.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Are you talking about that diagonal hairline at the bottom corner? Could be a crack, but could also be a scratch. There's different ways you can do a crack test, but the easiest DYI method is to hit it with a hammer and a punch. If it opens up or comes off, it's a crack. If not, it's just a scratch.
Yes, that is what I am talking about. I'll try it out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would also be concerned about the damage at the top forward edge of that lug. It appears to have some peening/upsetting/denting. Can we see pics of the other locking lugs & corresponding areas of the bolt?

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
If not, replace the rifle and dump the fucker on some unsuspecting rube then go buy you a decent weapon.
Only a dirtbag with no integrity would do such a thing to a fellow gun owner. You might know to check because you've been blessed with knowledge, but not everyone is. Their ignorance shouldn't be an invitation for others to endanger them.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Where are the Century shills? I am sure they will have a good answer.

sarcasm
Great question. They seem to be oddly quiet, imagine that.

Not that it matters what the shills and century's "fingers in the ears" fan base has to say about their in house piece of shit lookalike AK builds.

Century has a proven track record of suck, this just adds to it. Tool steel, yeah sure, thousands of rounds, um ok, best all us made AK, lol, no.

Hopefully it works out for the OP and he does not bone an unsuspecting buyer with this pos. Even if they fix or replace it, this one choked at 800 rounds, how much do you like to gamble with your safety?

Gun "buybacks" are all the rage, maybe cut your loss and get some of your wasted money back which you could put towards a real AK.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
It is not lost on me that the low post count century shills were just here at the Forum with a drive by media style agenda.

Or they just could be recovering from their pos century AK build related kabooms and have not figured out how to post with missing digits, stumps or blindness. :LOL:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Only a dirtbag with no integrity would do such a thing to a fellow gun owner. You might know to check because you've been blessed with knowledge, but not everyone is. Their ignorance shouldn't be an invitation for others to endanger them.

people gonna buy century crap anyway, if he has the rifle replaced/repaired and dumps it off, its no different than them buying it from a shop. So, by your reasoning any shop that sells a century AK is a dirtbag with no integrity....

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
It works on my end it's a light gray box with a slightly darker gray youtube icon with "..." in it but when i click on it the video plays.
The video is working now in your original post. I don’t know why it did not work earlier.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah perfect to above dump on someone else so he looses an eye and that guy sues your a$$ into oblivion you’ll be living in a tent when their done.

call Century ship to them and go from there. Probably get a new rifle or fixed.

·
Registered
Mostly Soviet
165 Posts
Century Arms has survived putting 5.56 barrels on 5.45 tantals, grinding bolt faces on C308s, using the "bucking bar" method while seating AK barrels, making a subpar ak with subpar cast trunnions and bolts (C39), and replacing that with the C39v2, and then putting out an AKM variant with the same subpar cast parts (Ras47) and replacing that with the VSKA, all of which have had a long history of loosing head space, shearing locking lugs and bolt lugs and becoming dangerous, to now making the BFT47 that was instantly recalled, countless lawsuits across the world ranging from distributing weapons used in crimes to releasing weapons with faulty safties and other features.
If they can survive all of that and continue to be a thriving organization, they'll be allright.
Come on chief, don't you know the current MO right now? Do 2-3 shitty rifles in-house, rebound with a nice shiny import (maybe even with a rebate)!!

To the OP's point, if Century won't correct it, do yourself and future shooters a favor by cutting up that receiver. If the bolt is somewhat usable, maybe someone has an old, unused ATM receiver they can throw the parts onto.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts