AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Strange place for a crack ,how old is the weapon and round count ? Did the barrel do that at first assembly pressing ? If it is new contact customer support ,i am kinda surprised it hasn't fallen off as a chip .

·
Registered
245 Posts
definitely a piece sheared/broken off of it, might be safe to shoot another 1000rds or might blow up fully on the next one. Id not shoot it, but its your call...Id contact century quickly, theres a lawsuit against them over the california garlic fest shooting and they may not be around much longer. If you have a choice, opt for your money back. If not, replace the rifle and dump the fucker on some unsuspecting rube then go buy you a decent weapon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Strange place for a crack ,how old is the weapon and round count ? Did the barrel do that at first assembly pressing ? If it is new contact customer support ,i am kinda surprised it hasn't fallen off as a chip .
I bought it in 2017 (new) and I have 840 round through it. When I contacted Century Arms in 2018 they gave me an RMA and I shipped It to them from my local FFL and Century Arm Returned to Sender without even looking at the rifle.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I bought it in 2017 (new) and I have 840 round through it. When I contacted Century Arms in 2018 they gave me an RMA and I shipped It to them from my local FFL and Century Arm Returned to Sender without even looking at the rifle.
So its had what looks to be a crack in it since 2018 ..............and you have been too busy...........? this is becoming an odd tale

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
definitely a piece sheared/broken off of it, might be safe to shoot another 1000rds or might blow up fully on the next one. Id not shoot it, but its your call...Id contact century quickly, theres a lawsuit against them over the california garlic fest shooting and they may not be around much longer. If you have a choice, opt for your money back. If not, replace the rifle and dump the fucker on some unsuspecting rube then go buy you a decent weapon.
I never heard of that shooting in 2019, that's f*cked up.
If I sell it, it'll be to a gang banger with extra super hot rounds.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I never heard of that shooting in 2019, that's f*cked up.
If I sell it, it'll be to a gang banger with extra super hot rounds.
just as good...but I meant have it replaced/repaired and sell it afterward....not sell a damaged weapon. That shooting the dude used a Romak, they are suing century and romak arms over it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So its had what looks to be a crack in it since 2018 ..............and you have been too busy...........? this is becoming an odd tale
Yes, I have been (not busy more like) lazy after Century Arms sent it back, Century Arms Rep. Robert Pittman also said We have no correspondence with my FFL and they don't have my FFL on file.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Are you talking about that diagonal hairline at the bottom corner? Could be a crack, but could also be a scratch. There's different ways you can do a crack test, but the easiest DYI method is to hit it with a hammer and a punch. If it opens up or comes off, it's a crack. If not, it's just a scratch.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Are you talking about that diagonal hairline at the bottom corner? Could be a crack, but could also be a scratch. There's different ways you can do a crack test, but the easiest DYI method is to hit it with a hammer and a punch. If it opens up or comes off, it's a crack. If not, it's just a scratch.
The bottom right hand corner is what i was looking at too.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
^^^^^ This... Too dangerous to shoot .... get replacement and sell it or get a refund.
¡SI! ^ ¡Lo que dijo!

I would contact CAI first.
They should help, one way or another.
Then I would move on from there.
But, I'm not certain I would run this one much more, unless you have a gun vise that you could use, and work it remotely.
Just to see what happens.
Mention that to Century, they may give you another rifle to keep that from happening. ;)
To be honest, I thought this about some new Coke product.
They have AK47 marijuana.
So, I thought C39V2 crack???
Anyway,
Good Luck
Be Safe

·
Registered
749 Posts
Garbage. I’d raise a big stink about it to them if it were me. That is actually dangerous, all CAI jokes aside. Man, they fucking suck. Another one bites the dust.

I am particular sensitive to this kind of stuff. A friend of the family was injured when his 1911 kaboomed (reason still unknown, presumably a hot or double charged round). And thats 45acp, relatively low pressure compared to 7.62x39. His palm had stitches on both sides from the grip panels blowing off and the mag ejecting itself with haste.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I believe the OP is talking about the lower right in the circle where there appears to be a crack not the wear marks on the guide lug .

·
Registered
475 Posts
¡SI! ^ ¡Lo que dijo!

I would contact CAI first.
They should help, one way or another.
Then I would move on from there.
But, I'm not certain I would run this one much more, unless you have a gun vise that you could use, and work it remotely.
Just to see what happens.
Mention that to Century, they may give you another rifle to keep that from happening. ;)
To be honest, I thought this about some new Coke product.
They have AK47 marijuana.
So, I thought C39V2 crack???
Anyway,
Good Luck
Be Safe
The op said he sent it back for factory inspection/repair in 2017 but got "no joy"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts