AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to the Century Arms C39V2 and a Primary Arms 1-6x scope (which I bought for my 300AAC), which would be the best method of mounting it... barrel mount, rear sight replacement mount, or a side-rail mount? Are there others I'm not considering?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Side mount is best for scopes due to mass.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Man I miss SuperDave.

That guy could make a leaky tampon funny.
Are you implying that the C39v2 could in any way be associated with the words "fun," "funny," or "amusing"? Tell me, do you find it risible... When I say the name, Biggus Dickus?

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Side mount is best for scopes due to mass.
I have the Red Army AK Micro Dot Side Mount, but I figured that isn't... strong enough (not to mention the proprietary fitment)?? What other side-rail mounts fit the C39v2, that's beefy enough for a scope?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I have the Red Army AK Micro Dot Side Mount, but I figured that isn't... strong enough (not to mention the proprietary fitment)?? What other side-rail mounts fit the C39v2, that's beefy enough for a scope?
Probably not so much strength but not enough support. I have a Midwest Industries AK 30mm scope mount but it only fits on my AES-10B with the cheap scope I put on it (the zoom ring is a hair too large for my other AKs). I'd probably just get a generic picatinny rail sidemount and set it up with some rings nowadays. Not a lot of good options for the AK in this regard, but red dots are a bit better than scopes for the AK in my book.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
The magic mount should work for a side mounted option but in reality sell the Century and buy something better like a WASR.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's because you're asking for advice putting lipstick on a grenade.
It always cracks me up how many folks throw out the standard "if it ain't arsenal it ain't shit responses" then go on to recommend WASR or some other variant as superior. I often wonder if they have ever fired a Century product or just believe all the bubba hype about what a POS they are? Anyone in the manufacturing game can lay and egg, it's what they do after the fact that matters. I have a 39V2 pistol that runs like a champ. It serves the purpose I bought it for very well. I also have an early Century 5.45 AK that is built with Bulgarian parts that has a spud receiver and all the parts are aligned and assembled correctly, it too runs like a champ.

As to the original poster, the Midwest side mount is a solid method of mounting optics whether it be scope or red dot. Worth taking a look at.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Yep, and the Century fanbois always can not accept the fact that they bought a piece of dangerous junk.

I will also add that back before I knew better I bought a C39V2 rifle and eventually sold it, at a loss, very happily.

When you buy a Century made weapon you are gambling with your life.

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
It always cracks me up how many folks throw out the standard "if it ain't arsenal it ain't shit responses" then go on to recommend WASR or some other variant as superior. I often wonder if they have ever fired a Century product or just believe all the bubba hype about what a POS they are? Anyone in the manufacturing game can lay and egg, it's what they do after the fact that matters. I have a 39V2 pistol that runs like a champ. It serves the purpose I bought it for very well. I also have an early Century 5.45 AK that is built with Bulgarian parts that has a spud receiver and all the parts are aligned and assembled correctly, it too runs like a champ.

As to the original poster, the Midwest side mount is a solid method of mounting optics whether it be scope or red dot. Worth taking a look at.
Get off your high horse. My first AK was an IO. Luckily, it was an early STG which was basically the early 00s equivalent of an M&M10. It's a WASR with a 90 degree block and weird furniture.

People shit on Century made guns (parts kits are hit or miss) like the RAS and C39 because they're built with shit by shit people. Doubling down on your shit decision by arguing with people who apparently know more than you is your hill to die on.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

Because every time someone says this, they immediately load up the gun and it blows up after "thousands of rounds!"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts