AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mailed my forms off on Monday, one set for my local PD, and the other to ATF. Whats the average wait time to get your approval, and your license? Thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
About three weeks on mine.
Good luck on fiscal frugality after you get the license. :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
American_Infidel said:
About three weeks on mine.
Good luck on fiscal frugality after you get the license. :twisted:
Thanks man. Milsurps are my "crack". :wink:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Got mine in 2 weeks... whoever was on the other end was on the ball! I still have yet to break it in though. :( Need to remedy that ASAP.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Mine took about 5 weeks , Ive had it about 3 months now and still havent used it, something else always comes along.

Have you recieved yours yet JoeMomma ?

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure did! And ordered a mummy wrapped FZ marked Lee Enfield to keep me busy while I"m laid up for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
it's been about a month since i sent in my renewal/address change.

nothing yet. :neutral:

of course, i had to actually enlist the services of Rep. Tom Latham in actually getting the damn thing in the first place--that was after month #4 went by and it was still "in the queue".

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Called and talked to "Tammy".

Apparently it will take "up to 90 days" to get it renewed for some reason. And they "might" send a letter authorizing me to continue collection at my new address until the new one arrives. :roll:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I waited 5 weeks for mine. At that point I called and asked about what was up. I heard they were backed up. A week later I got it. I've heard others tell the same story. Give them a month, then call. The call reminds them of what they have to do, and they get it out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I sent mine in over a motn ago for a simple address change.
All my catalogs and FFL mail are going to my old address (UT vs TN). I am dead in the water for ordering anything.
What number do I call?

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Anyone have a number for BATFE to check on status of C&R address change?

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heimdal said:
Did you guys call to get your forms? I've tried the online thing twice and nada
I did it by email, and my paperwork arrived about four days later. After I sent in the required forms, I got everything back in about four weeks or so.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
My last renew was a good 3-4 months wait.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I let mine expire... the credit card melted. I believe mine was 4 weeks nearly 4 years ago now.

I bought (8) with it. 8 over 3 years.... all cash basis... wish I had done more. CZ-52's @ $89, K31's at $79, Turk 38's @$89, Yugo SKS @ $115... damn.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts