AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still waiting for my C&R license to get back to me (there is absolutely no reason why it would be denied), so I thought I would get a head start on my "Bound Book". I found a few templates online that I modified slightly to meet my needs. I plan on keeping both a digital and a paper and pen copy of the book. The digital is purely for myself; I prefer keeping digital records. The question I have is if it would be okay to print off the first couple pages with data being printed on the sheets instead of hand writing the information in. I have over 20 C&R rifles already, so printing the forms off already filled in would save a lot of time for me. How does the format look:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Looks good to me, I am like you I keep a digital and a paper & pen bound book, and the paper and pen one is in my best fireproof safe. I use the digital for quik reference when I am on the computer.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
big_johnson_92 said:
So in your opinion, would it be a bad idea to log them in if I don't plan on selling any of them?
Yes, there is no legal reason to until such time as you dispose of one.

As for your C&R, I had an issue with my last renewal...the ATF lost my paperwork (but not my check, oddly enough! :confused:). After 75 days, I called the ATF Federal Firearms Licensing Center in West Virginia.* The lady that answered was able to check the status of my renewal. It was received on 1 Nov (I mailed it on 29 Oct) but she saw no action letters being sent out so basically there was nothing to indication there were any issues with my renewal.

She forwarded my call to the examiner for this part of Texas but I got his voicemail. I left a message to inquire on the status of my 03 FFL and left my contact info. He called back and said he could not locate my paperwork. Luckily, I the copies I had made and scanned and sent them to the examiner I talked with. After a couple of days, I didn't hear anything so I emailed him and he said he never got them. I sent them again to the same email address and this time he acknowledged receipt. The next day (last Friday) he emails me a copy of my new license and eventually I get the hardcopy in the mail.

The major lesson learned was, if you don't have your new license after about 30 days, call the ATF Licensing Center (info below).

The second lesson learned was, keep on top of them as they are busy and mistakes are made.

Lastly, don't forget that you do NOT sign the original 03 FFL! Make copies and use (and sign) them when purchasing or selling eligible firearms.

Good luck! M2

* - FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSING CENTER
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405
1-866-662-2750 (phone)
1-866-257-2749 (fax)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts