AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok a friend has a good shape BWK-92 and he wants to sell it. I am trying to research it and seems that a lot break firing pins and those are near impossible to find. It has a few mags so I'm not worried about that. Will a 5.45 or 223 bolt from a saiga or bulgy or romy etc fit? I know it would need headspaced but I just want to make sure if all else fails I could get another bolt and have it headspaced instead of end up searching for hard to find chicom parts.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'd see first if any of those firing pins fit in the Chinese bolt. I don't know how different the 7.62 firing pin is, it may be able to be modified to work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get a pin could possibly be fitted but from my searching no other pins are the same that's why I'm asking if a complete bolt from another rifle will work. I know someone here has either fitted or swapped parts on a Chicom 223 or has built one up from parts.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Do you have any links to postings by people who have broken firing pins in their Norinco 84S, or .223 MAK-90, or NHM90, or BWK92? Being a big fan of the 84S series I would like to read about the problem and how those who broke a firing pin got their rifle running again.

The reason I ask is that I have an old 84S-1 that I have fired several thousand rounds through without any problems and want to find out what people did to break their firing pin.

Please do not read this wrong, I seriously want to find out what has you scared of an otherwise very reliable firearm not to mention the 84S was one of the most accurate of AK variants.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen a few posts by searching google I firing pin issues. It seems most either just break and they don't list why and 2 of them sold off the rifles as parts because they couldn't find a firing pin. The other was getting pierced primers because the hole in the bolt is a little oversized and the firing pin sits back into the hole a little too far. It looks like I might be able to drop in a 223 galil firing pin. What worries me is I am sort of a Murphy's law kinda guy. If it can break it will. Why not have spare parts instead of a rifle without a firing pin. I know I could have one made but that's expensive. Its good to have spare parts for any gun and a firing pin and extractor are hard to find for a Chicom 223 as it didn't get imported in high numbers like the Mak90s did. It only took 2 seconds to find these so obviously its a common issue for these to crap out when least expected. Murphy always wins so extras are good.
223 AK (Norinco 84S) Firing Pin Problems - The AK Files Forums

Firing pin for Norinco 84S - The FAL Files

Norinco 84S .223 Firing Pins - AK47.NET

WTB: Norinco 84S firing pin

Firing Pin Question....Broken? - Glock Talk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem apex gun parts has galil firing pins and supposedly they are drop in. I ordered 2 today I will let you know when they arrive and if they work

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So this is super old post but the galil pins do not fit! They are slightly too thick. I suppose you could maybe file one down to fit with a drill and a file etc.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Super old but I'm in for info.

I have a BWK-92 that needs a new firing pin. Any info on where to find one or what to mod to make one would be very helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts