AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, say you have a year to save up for a new rifle. It COULD be NFA but you'd somewhat prefer it to just be a standard Title II rifle. And it has to be a rifle, not a pistol. What would you buy?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I don't think I could ever save for an entire year for just one gun! To me there aren't many things worth saving that much for. Even if it were a really nice unit, if I could get two or three of a cheaper gun that would always win out in the end for me.

If I did want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on one gun though, while it's not a rifle, it would be a Saiga 12 shotgun, converted to pistol grip configuration with a Russian solid polymer side folder stock, rifle sights, flash suppressor, and a bunch of mags.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL dont worry, I'll be buying other stuff in the meantime, I'm just going to put a little "side pot" aside to save up. I plan on spending around $1000-1500.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
buy a polytech spiker or legend!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
matt85 said:
buy a polytech spiker or legend!
A Poly-Tech Legend is my ultimate goal. Also one of the Poly-Tech sidefolders with the bakelite furniture would be high on my list.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Hmmm...Probably a tie.

A nice T3 build (or a Legend, if I couldn't find a T3 kit)

M1A with NM bbl and sights.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Get a Tiger, it will be a good compliment to your Krink.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL I would kill for a real SVD, Tiger, or PKM, but I dont know if I could save up that much money...

It would be an amazing compliment to my Krink... :lol:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Blanco_Diablo said:
[quote="Armed Ferret":2ir2oxb9]RDIAS or registered FA lower.
For $1000-2000? SHOW ME WHERE!! :razz:[/quote:2ir2oxb9]

You never said that in the initial post. All you said was one year to save up.

Sue me. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
25,857 Posts
M1A or a good Garand. Both are fun, and should their value well.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If I had a year of "residual" funds to save for a rifle that was gonna be "the" rifle, I think I would also vote M1A...however you must be prepared to also put away ammuntion and at this time about the best thing going is Lithuanian 200rd battlepacks @ $100 a throw, theres stuff out there for less, good luck finding it. Its nice to have a couple thou banked away if your going to go with an M1A. I love my loaded model, on a good day I can tear one ragged hole in the 10ring at 100yds with open sights and 57 year old eyes.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd love an M1A (well, if I got one, it'd be a SOCOM16 :wink: ) but man, .308 is almost un-buyable these days..

·
Super Moderator
25,857 Posts
Blanco_Diablo said:
I'd love an M1A (well, if I got one, it'd be a SOCOM16 :wink: ) but man, .308 is almost un-buyable these days..
Why not try the Mosin Nagant repro sniper rifle? Under $500 and ammo is everywhere.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts