AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read what I can on this, but there really doesn't seem to be much information on it, or I'm just looking in the wrong places? There seems to be a huge amount of risk when dealing with private individuals through forums and the like. What are some of the preferred methods of buyer protection for firearms, or firearm related parts/accessories/ect. when purchasing online? I know a lot just use pay pal and don't disclose it's firearm related, but that seems risky at best should there be an issue. It's really a shame they don't support anything gun related. Just curious how everyone likes to go about this?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Buyer beware. On another board I have purchased and sold for years. So here are my personal rules.

Deal with only with folks high post counts and/or 2 + years of being on the board.

Check person your dealing withs posts if you don’t know them. If they have bought or sold before, pm people they have felt with to ask how it went.

Avoid people who joined board to sell. Collectors will gouge, give fair price, and every now and then give you a deal. The collector will not rip you off and be banned from the board where they share and get information.

If the price is to good to be true, it is.

If they aren’t willing to follow the law or ask you to not follow the walk away.

if they don’t know the law walk away

If you hear “Hey I’ve decided I can’t part with the pistol I posted but I’ve got another just like it that I’ll sell you here’s a picture. The price is the same.” Run from this guy and report him to the administrators. This happened to me and as I was heading to the mail box to send the USPS money order a little voice in the back of my head said don’t do it. I backed out of the transaction but didn’t report to board because I had no proof just a feeling. A month later I get a pm from another guy telling me he got ripped off by the same seller and how did I know, I told him it was just a hunch but I had no proof. We told the administrators and got the seller banned. He was posting pictures of his gun then emailing out internet pics of other guns selling them and ripping people off. Bait and switch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts