AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

I guess I've caught AK fever pretty bad. I gotta get one in 7.62! My dilemma is whether I should just buy one or have one built. Is it possible to have a nice AK with poly furniture and maybe a side folder built for say $600-$800 or would I be better off just buying one outright? I know its not a lot to go on, but I can say if I get one..its a shooter no matter how nice/not so nice it is! If the build aspect is possible, who would you recommend and why?

Thanks for entertaining the noob! :shotz:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Templar said:
I'd probably pick up a Polish underfolder kit and have it built on an Armory USA receiver.
Hi Templar,

And if you were not going to build it yourself, who would be your first choice? :goof:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Scott at dpharms.com did have some Tantal and underfolder rifles that he said were really nice. They were only around $550 IIRC, too.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I just reread your post.....

If you want a side folder, then I'd say get in on the special build rifle we're doing, using Hungarian parts (good stuff) and then you can pick up a Romanian or East German side folder and install it.

That would definitely put you in your price range.

If you can live without a side folder, the Polish underfolders are beautiful rifles, and if you can go with a fixed stock, the M7 series from Arsenal Inc. are top notch.

Builders.......there are a lot of good ones out there, In Range, The Firing Line, AK USA are three of the better known and trusted ones.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
build one yourself, you'll appricated it more. There not that hard to build. I built these two with a minimal of tools and experience and they both shoot like a dream and look great. McM

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
JNewt will be here once he finishes his backlog on AR15.COM.

He will be scheduling 10 new builds from this board.

·
Registered
89 Posts
umm get both... sorry old habbits im trying to break them. :twisted:

i would have to say every collection needs a polish underfolder. i am afraid i have 3. can never have to much of a good thing right?

as for a builder. i would also like to throw -Duke-Nukem- into the mike. hes not a bad lawyer but a great SOT. i have been trying to convince him to come over and join but he has been swamped at work.

but here is his website

http://www.mcarms.com/

also a brand new krink he got done
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=82800

he proably isint going like me pimpin him out but there work is top notch and the put there heart and soul into everybuild.

Ronald

1 - 9 of 9 Posts