AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think it was going to work but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. I called up www.Sportsmansguide.com and asked the woman who answered the phone if they priced matched. She said yes as long as it was the same exact thing. Sportsmansguide advertises their ammo as being 52 gr so I had to find another dealer who advertised it as 52gr. www.SGAmmo.com has the exact same thing, item number SKU: rus-545-gz. I know Sportsmansguide shows a Bulgarian can but don't mention anything about that as I'm pretty sure they have the wrong photo on there. Anyway, after confirming with her manager I was able to get 4 spam cans with free shipping! Back in 2008 I was kicked out of the Buyer's Club for ordering too much and I asked ahead of time before ordering 4 spam cans if this would happen again and she said no as they had become a little bit more lenient. I really wouldn't push it over 4 cans just to be safe. One more thing, she said these probably didn't come with a can opener or a crate. Use coupon code SH1662 for free shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention they did charge an $11 heavy item fee. Also the .99 package protection fee isn't a bad idea either.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Glad it worked out for you.
I hope we can start seeing it below $150/can in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh boy what did they do? I'm not a fan of Cheaper than Dirt as in 2008 and this year they jacked their prices up so high it was insane. I just started to buy from them again back in October of 2012 when they pulled that same stunt of taking advantage of the situation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my ammo arrived today. The first photo is what came from Wideners. The second photo is what came from Sportsmansguide. I knew it wasn't going to be Bulgarian like they had pictured. Wideners advertised their ammo as being the "Hollow nose PS" bullet and came with a crate and opener. Sportsmansguide came with no crate and one opener. I think the only reason it came with the opener was because I asked for it.

DSCF4009.JPG DSCF4008.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts