AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the only time I tried it the hammer rode the bolt...........this sounds like like a recipe for catastrophic failure. :banana:

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
Its a waste of ammo IMO. If you want to shoot FA, go to a place that rents them.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I agree with Joe, waste of ammo. I feel basically the same about full auto in general, especially the way folks who own it tend to use it.

Technically, bump fire works if you practice and if your hammer followed the bolt you may have a disconnector problem.
My goal back in the day was to be able to dump a 75rd chicom drum without stoppage. After multiple 30rd mags and three drums I got to the point where I could rock my MAK90 around the trigger at will and dump any mag. It was fun until I mastered it, then I simply felt stupid. And steel core was $89/1k.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I rarely even load up a full magazine anymore when I shoot, let alone dump $10 of ammo in 4 seconds by bump firing.

IMO the out of battery detonation caused by bump firing is a myth. I've never heard of it happening. It seems like after all of these years of people doing it, there would be at least a few reports on the internet. On the AK's there is a tail on the bolt carrier that prevents the hammer from hitting the firing pin until the bolt begins to lock in place.

One Moderator on a forum I used to frequent was really against bump firing. He even said that you can have an out of battery detonation because when you bump fire the bolt cycles too fast and it moves faster and faster until the firing pin is moving so fast that it ignites the primer. That guy carried a lot of weight on that board and was allowed to spew his BS. Most of the reason I stopped going there years ago.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you ever owned an AK, I'm sure you've at least tried it! I can dump a 74 mag in a few seconds. Is it a waste of ammo? Absolutely! Is it fun? Absolutely! Does the novelty wear off quickly? Absolutely!

Nowdays, If I have to use my left hand to pull on something to make it fire.......I have this other "little gun" that I prefer over AK's when I'm bumping! :twisted:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yesterday, a friend of mine up from CT got to shoot an AR15 M4 for the first time. He snagged a receiver before the bans took effect and built his shooter. But has yet to fire it as he left the morning after its completion. So I took him out for a major shoot with some of my toys. So I have a vertical fore grip and a slidefire stock. He fired single 2, 3 and 4 shot bursts perfect and on target. Then he dumped(on my suggestion) the entire 100 round SureFire mag into and old clay tile silo. The magazine performed perfect wo a single hicc-up. Put a 4x4' hole into the side. I swear buy this slidefire! It performs excellent for anyone including my friends first experience with an AR15. Unbelievably fun just for a first time. This stock is absolutely NO different than having an auto sear. Cycling must have been greater than 800+ rpm. 90 clean perfect timing as if you were shooting a M16. :dance:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I've bumped fired a good bit out of my 74, but the novelty definitely wears off quickly. I managed to bump fire a full mag with my PS90 with was really fun, but it hurt after realizing that I had just send $22 down range in a few seconds.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Well it usually happens when boredom sets in at the range. I don't have to do the belt loop technique etc. I can just bump it from the waist, not mastered from the shoulder. I am all out of the 1k rounds of Norinco Sport x39 that was given to me after it sat in an attic and turned green and rusty. I just can't waste anything I have now like that. Its fun IMHO but can be a bit tacky at times and it wears off pretty fast.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've found that bump firing is really easy with my 56S and 84S. But the 2stage trigger in my SGL31 won't bumpfire to save my life. Haven't tried it with my Draco yet so I can't comment on that.

·
Technical Advisor
15,522 Posts
To the OP..., You can get hammer follow with a TAPCO G2 trigger group. It is not easy to do in slow fire. But in bumpfire you are more likely to find that spot.
You can try it by dry firing the rifle and hold the trigger exactly at the hamer release point. Then without moving the trigger finger., rack the carrier. It will hammer commonly hamer follow. Not OOB but it can happen on most G2's. In bumpfirimg it is easier to hit the sweet/sour spot. Just a case of a bit of out of tolerance on the G2 and with several receiver types.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I do bump from time to time and used to be really good at it. at one point I had it down to short bursts from the shoulder that with my 74 I was quite accurate.

there is no such thing as a waste of ammo if your are enjoying the experience!

-matt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Done at night against a granite hill it's like a firework show.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HKshooter said:
I agree with Joe, waste of ammo. I feel basically the same about full auto in general, especially the way folks who own it tend to use it.

Technically, bump fire works if you practice and if your hammer followed the bolt you may have a disconnector problem.
My goal back in the day was to be able to dump a 75rd chicom drum without stoppage. After multiple 30rd mags and three drums I got to the point where I could rock my MAK90 around the trigger at will and dump any mag. It was fun until I mastered it, then I simply felt stupid. And steel core was $89/1k.
So you say it was fun till you mastered it... is that because even once mastered your shot placement was everywhere? or just the waste of all the ammo and wear on your rifle? Lol I broke my muzzle detent pin goin bumpski.......... anyone ever try it with a laser? lol the concept seems as neat as sharks with laser beams attached to their freaking heads :bd:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Digitalshadow said:
HKshooter said:

So you say it was fun till you mastered it... is that because even once mastered your shot placement was everywhere? or just the waste of all the ammo and wear on your rifle? Lol I broke my muzzle detent pin goin bumpski.......... anyone ever try it with a laser? lol the concept seems as neat as sharks with laser beams attached to their freaking heads :bd:
I call BS on bump firing breaking a muzzle device detent. Bumpfiring is no more wear than burst/full out fire out of a select fire AK.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
screamingdemon said:
Digitalshadow said:
HKshooter said:

I call BS on bump firing breaking a muzzle device detent. Bumpfiring is no more wear than burst/full out fire out of a select fire AK.
Why would I lie? my detent is broken !!! The muzzle device must have not been on correct. But my pin is most def broken. I really see no point of joining an ak forum and lieng about shit... For your information I had that retarded fake krink break on and it was so loose that I screwed it just a little extra tight by screwing it on to where the detent was pushing agaist it.. bump fired a mag with it like that and now my detent is broken. where as bumpfiring may have not been the only cause, it played a part in the breaking of my detent likely from getting the gun so hot.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I didn't say it didn't break. I said I don't believe it was caused by bump firing causing added wear. Just because it happened during doesn't mean it was the actual cause. I'm sure it would have happened under normal conditions.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
screamingdemon said:
I didn't say it didn't break. I said I don't believe it was caused by bump firing causing added wear. Just because it happened during doesn't mean it was the actual cause. I'm sure it would have happened under normal conditions.
Sorry i acted defensive I thought you were calling me a liar. Ya your right the cause was likely because I had it over tightened. And with it being overtightened the heat annd vibrations managed to break it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts