AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grin: Hi, need advise pro&con, have a chance to buy NIB Bushmaster
bullpup m17 for $800. dont know whether or not to get it. From all reviews i did, the only problem i can find, is the trigger is a little rough.
They have been discontinued, and i wonder about potential value etc.
I have never handled one but always thought it was an ugly as hell gun!
Well i also thought that about chin. model 86 and its now around $2.800!

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Seen 'em NIB for less than that on GB, 4-600 for used. Search GB before ya leap.

t

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
machineguneddie said:
Ive always wanted one myself but never had the oportunity when I had the cash.

a littel high from what Ive seen before. actually there are a few cheaper ones on GB right now
Damn, i thought i lost my vision! You have a new avatar! What happened?
I had kind of expected you to update your old one, with that new gold & diamond studded grill, after all those pictures in previous thread! :lol: :hail: :hail: :dance:
Thanks!
PS. Did you have to raise any prices on youre dirty deeds done cheap? Or are you having to change youre Motto to, Dirty deeds still done affordably??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please advise! :hail:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
i would wait for the AUG.....but thats just me :mrgreen:

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
prdtr86 said:
i would wait for the AUG.....but thats just me :mrgreen:
I agree with you on that, i never cared for any bull-pups and always hated them. till last yr. will all the coverage on the ps-90, i went and handled one and bought it and love it, a week later i got the pistol! A month after that the FS2000 and also love it.
Almost bought a MSAR after playing with one at show but decided to wait on the real thing hopefully by next yr. The guns i would like to get are masada,aug and the scar but none will be avail. till early next yr.
Also i have been and am worried about another ban and i will not under any circumstances buy any gun which has the nice (evil) features removed, and when OBAMA gets in i believe there will be a ban.
So many of us are stuck in a catch 22 situation, as to buy now or wait and if there is a ban then pay a hell of a lot more on what is available.
At a show yesterday during a casual conversation with a large dealer, he made a comment to me which blew my mind, he said that his distrib. Century had told him the previous day that within 3 month that there would be no more AKs available!
I told him that last yr. the same was told by Classic Arms on their site and it was a lie, but prices went up all around. He simply stated that is what he was told! Hell, i dont know anymore what to or not to believe!
But i never will forget during last ban, i got into AKs in 97 bought 2 with the thumb-hole stocks minus all the desireable features and really wanted a folder with pistol-grip, bay. lug and a brake, but those were all at around $1200.+ and prices never came down on those even after the ban.
So who knows as to what will happen, however prices will keep going up on everything, the cheapest WASR is not at $500. at a show!
Has anybody else heard about anything! :roll: :confused:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Check out CDNN's newest catalog(you have to download it).Thet are selling them now so I guess Bushy' is "blowing them out".CDNN usually gets closeouts from manufacturers and unloads them at decent proces.
As far as the M17? goes,a friend of mine had one a couple of years ago and it had probably the crappiest trigger pull of any rifle I have ever shot.
Save your $$ and buy a MSAR or one of the new AUG rifle's that STEYR is bringing back.
Just my .02.
Regards,
dat85

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
i have learned the hard way that it is better to save up and buy what you REALLY want instead of what you can afford right now.....

i'd still hold out for the AUG :mrgreen:

·
Registered
845 Posts
I owned one for several years during the ban.

Frankly, $800 is too much for the gun. It was a fun gun, and turned me on to bullpups as a neat design, but there were too many things about the design that Bushmaster left undone. It was like they simply stopped developing it and started selling it when there was so much more potential that hadn't been tapped. It could have been a top-line rifle that would have held it's own against most, but it ended up bing a "toy".

If you just want a cheap bullpup that takes M16 mags to see if the design type is for you before spending big bucks, it may be worth it. It was for me for that reason alone. You can handle bullpups all day long at the gunshow, but until you start running one you really can't make a valid decision either way. After having a bullpup for several years, I'm convinced that I like the bullpup design overall and I'll spend the big bucks for one of the better ones when I figure out which one to get. :grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts