AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new Bulgarian made warsaw length milled butt stock from K-var (AK-020BM)

To my surprise, there was no trap door on the back side, and after taking the back cover off, it doesn't look like there are any internal provisions to capture the spring.

Can a trap door rear cover be added somehow??

otherwise, what are my options? K-var also lists an intermediate length US made butt stock w/ trap door (SM1-016UB), but that doesn't get me a warsaw length stock like I want.

thanks!
clay

·
Registered
348 Posts
Clay,

Wish you would have asked here first about that buttstock. I or someone else could have told you that it was never made to have a cleaning kit inside. It has been my experience from having both a Bulgy wood stock and the brown solid plastic one, I don't think the Bulgarians ever fielded a warsaw length milled buttstock with cleaning kit storage.

You are correct on the "intermediate" one, it's also something KVAR came up with as a US/922 part not Arsenal of Bulgaria. If you want a polymer stock with cleaning kit storage that's gonna be the ticket. Other than that there is the Polish laminate buttstock that RTG sells. It is warsaw length and has the cleaning kit storage feature.

I also don't believe there is a way to modify the polymer warsaw buttstock you have to hold a kit. Even if you did swap a buttplate with a trapdoor on it there are no cut outs in warsaw one to help center the trapdoor. I have both stocks and I have to look again but I'm pretty sure it can't be done with any reliability. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that was going to be the answer I would get ;)

Well, now my question is, did the Bulgarians ever field a milled poly butt stock with provisions for a cleaning kit?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I guess the lack of a buttstock trap door for cleaning kit made sense, in that kept the weight down on the already heavier milled rifle.
And as I'm sure you already know, Bulgy 4-cell mag pouches have a slot for the cleaning kit behind the side oil bottle pouch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts