AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just as an FYI, early Molot 40s did not have a Molot stamp. All the 'first euro type' ones are stampless, AFAIK, and the very early second euro type were as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just as an FYI, early Molot 40s did not have a Molot stamp. All the 'first euro type' ones are stampless, AFAIK, and the very early second euro type were as well.
Here’s some picks , he said no markings. I misread it and he wants 65 each. If they are legit then I’m down but I don’t want to pay that much for some korean mags that were mistaken as Bulgarians.
Automotive tire Wood Auto part Metal Font

Hair Automotive tire Cylinder Wood Synthetic rubber

Tool Wood Kitchen utensil Auto part Watch

·
Registered
676 Posts
Gonna need full res pics and better lighting. No offense, but when I try to zoom in on the critical spots I feel like I'm looking at Sasquatch sighting pics. 😉

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
jekbrown is correct...the only true Bulgy made 40 rd steel ribbed Rpk mags were what are commonly known as "splicers"...they cut two 30 rdrs down and spliced them together to make a 40 rdr...they're good mags and seldom seen for sale...my best guess given the quality of pics here is that these are Romy's...3rd one from the left is the "splicer"...

Automotive tire Composite material Rectangle Building Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jekbrown is correct...the only true Bulgy made 40 rd steel ribbed Rpk mags were what are commonly known as "splicers"...they cut two 30 rdrs down and spliced them together to make a 40 rdr...they're good mags and seldom seen for sale...my best guess given the quality of pics here is that these are Romy's...3rd one from the left is the "splicer"...

View attachment 326111
I’m going to assume it’s a Romanian. I asked for better picks and never got an answer lol. Not gonna risk it when I can still get Molot rpk 40 rounders for 80 online with stampings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts