AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

This is my first post here. I've really enjoyed reading the vast wealth of information here, it's been very helpful.

I am about to buy 20 or so 7.62x39 magazines for my SLR 107F.

Looking at Copes Dist. I see they have Bulgarian Polymer Slab Slide magazines in 10 packs.

How do those magazines compare durability and quality wise to the Hungarian 30 rd steel magazines? Also, is there a major weight difference?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
You can do a search here and find a few threads that will bring you up to speed on the Bulgy slabsides...but sometimes the search engine don't work too good...the bulgy slabsides are lower in price because they aren't military spec...basically they are a plastic mag that was produced to satisfy the American "consumer" market...weight-wise they're lighter than steels but about the same as bulgy or polish synthetics...you can pick up new hungy, bulgy steels for about $14-$18 each right now and they are milspec...bulgy circle 10 waffles will run you about $25 each+- as will the polish synthetics and either of these "plastic" mags are as good a mag as you can put in your AK...it's money well spent to get the higher quality, milspec type mags...mags like the slabsides are good for collections and range time...but not really something you'd want to trust your life to...welcome to the best dang ak forum in the world...nice people here and an unbelievable wealth of information :smileak:

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
i would avoid those. they dont have the metal catches on the backside. they are commercial made magazines for hte us market. not near as reliable as the steel combloc mags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts