AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any Bulgarian RPK74 mags?

Are they sterile (like a E.German AK74 mag), or do they have a noticable empty disc where the markings normally would be?

Picked up a 45rd RPK74 mag here in Germany.. At first look, it was 100% sterile, but looking closer, one can tell that the mold has a removable disc where the marking would go... Its barely noticable...

I have a Russian RPK74 mag (came via Poland) that has a noticable removable disc in the mold-

Just wondering about the Bulgarian mags... If they are like the E.German one I found, or is the area very noticable.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
So Country X makes an order for an untold number of 45 rounders from Molot.

Molot don't want country X to have their logo so they cover it with a removable disk during manufacture.

Is this what your saying Rob?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Heres the two in my collection that are sanatized.

One on the left is the disk with mold 11 and this was the very first 45 rounder I owned and was purchased from Oleg.

One on the right is my "Bulgarian" :wink: received in my RPK74 kit from ORF. You can clearly see Molot's Star in Shield outline and the heavy sanding marks.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SturmGrenadier said:
So Country X makes an order for an untold number of 45 rounders from Molot.

Molot don't want country X to have their logo so they cover it with a removable disk during manufacture.

Is this what your saying Rob?
Basically.. All RPk74s in the Warsaw pact were either Soviet made, or assembled in Bulgaria using Soviet parts..

Thanks for the pics.. I will post pics of mine when I get a chance..

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Here's my "Bulgarian" that I got from KVAR back in the day:

Empty disc:

Mold number & ink stamps:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts