AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was impressed to find that MrKrink had already documented this Bulgarian Model 47 scabbard, so I wanted to add some additional information, as I've stumbled on several of these recently.

Initially, I believed these scabbards were of Russian origin and had been supplied by them to the Bulgarians. As more of these started to surface, however, I became convinced they are a new and valid Bulgarian type.

Similar to the Izhevsk Model 47 scabbards, these units have the two horizontal bands spot-welded to the front of the device. Yet, as is the case for Russian versus Bulgarian Model 47 scabbards, these also have a drainage hole on the back of the scabbard instead of the front.

Here are photos of a small lot of these:

Phil

·
Registered
319 Posts
Interesting, thanks

I have one like this, with a brown leather belt loop

Do you have a source for these?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gwebs said:
Interesting, thanks

I have one like this, with a brown leather belt loop

Do you have a source for these?
I've been selling them on ebay and gunbroker (user ID 'philippes'). These four will eventually come up for sale.

Since I'm new here I don't want to step on any toes, as this isn't a selling thread. PM or email me at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss this further.

Phil

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice Bulgarian bayonets! There are many different variants of Bulgarian scabbards (two band, one band), belt hangers (coton in many variants of green, leather, artificial brown, blue, green leather...) and numeration (three numbers, four numbers, black, silver, white numbers, normal or widespread numbers, letter prefix...).

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've also recently noticed that some have been renumbered.

For example, the unit above with the serial '795' in bright silver is similar to some other Bulgarian bayonets I've seen that show the remnants of an old serial below the new one. I'll try to find one I can photograph to show in this thread.

Phil

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, they liked renumbering bayonets... I have few Russian and DDR AKM II bayonets that were renumbered in Bulgaria.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts