AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted this in the continuation of an older thread in the Bulgarian subforum, but it hasn't seen much traffic. I feel compelled to share my AK joy with others, so I figured that I'd post it here. My Bulgarian AKK milled build is back from Two Rivers Arms. It took just under three months door to door. Here's a picture of the kit, virgin K-Var "Classic" barrel and CNC Warrior receiver (serial numbered to match the kit) before I sent them out:

I also sent a Tapco G2 trigger group and a US made slant brake.

Here's the AKK look that I wanted to achieve:

And here are the results from Two Rivers Arms:

I know it sounds cliché, but the pictures do not do this rifle justice. They fixed all the kit parts that were scratched and nicked. The bluing is deep and dark. My favorite thing about this rifle is the dichotomy between the old world craftsmanship of the metal preparation/bluing and the bakelite/plastic stock set. The markings they engraved on the receiver and lower handguard look perfect. Note in the last picture how both CNC Warrior and Two Rivers Arms marked the rifle under the trigger guard so that it wouldn't show. If this rifle shoots half as well as it looks, then I'll be very pleased. There are good gunsmiths out there. However, there are very few truly passionate gunsmiths that also know how to run a business. Two Rivers Arms followed my instructions and got the rifle back to me in three months. Thumbs way up for Two Rivers Arms.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
That looks great Bret. I saw this rifle on one of my visits to Two Rivers and your right about the pictures not doing it justice. Good job on gathering up the parts for the build.
It sure is exciting to see one finally come together after waiting so long. Enjoy your new rifle!

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
I originally posted this in the continuation of an older thread in the Bulgarian subforum, but it hasn't seen much traffic. I feel compelled to share my AK joy with others, so I figured that I'd post it here. My Bulgarian AKK milled build is back from Two Rivers Arms. It took just under three months door to door. Here's a picture of the kit, virgin K-Var "Classic" barrel and CNC Warrior receiver (serial numbered to match the kit) before I sent them out:

I also sent a Tapco G2 trigger group and a US made slant brake.

Here's the AKK look that I wanted to achieve:

And here are the results from Two Rivers Arms:

I know it sounds cliché, but the pictures do not do this rifle justice. They fixed all the kit parts that were scratched and nicked. The bluing is deep and dark. My favorite thing about this rifle is the dichotomy between the old world craftsmanship of the metal preparation/bluing and the bakelite/plastic stock set. The markings they engraved on the receiver and lower handguard look perfect. Note in the last picture how both CNC Warrior and Two Rivers Arms marked the rifle under the trigger guard so that it wouldn't show. If this rifle shoots half as well as it looks, then I'll be very pleased. There are good gunsmiths out there. However, there are very few truly passionate gunsmiths that also know how to run a business. Two Rivers Arms followed my instructions and got the rifle back to me in three months. Thumbs way up for Two Rivers Arms.

Looks great. When I was in Nuristan, AFG...the local ANP were all armed with beautiful brand new milled Bulgy AK's just like yours. I almost bought a SAM-7 Classic Bakelite edition just after I got back because I like it so much. Never did but your pics make me lust for one once again.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
WOW!
This looks awesome!

Can you post close-ups on the markings they engraved? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
:wank:

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you post close-ups on the markings they engraved? Thanks.
Ask and you shall receive. Sorry about the glare, but using the flash was the only way I could get the markings to show.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I too recently received my Bulgarian Reweld back from Two Rivers Arms. Turbothis did the reweld, but Two Rivers refinished it. I also used a KVar Bulgarian barrel for the build. It also came out great. (pictures takes by Steve at Two Rivers Arms)

2013-11-23 10.51.54.jpg 2013-11-23 10.53.15.jpg 2013-11-23 10.50.30.jpg

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That one was inspiration for me!

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Ok, I've got a dog in this fight as well... K-VAR barrel with Firing Line receiver. Two Rivers pictures from previous thread.

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
Damn that looks nice! Please post the range report when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Damn that looks nice! Please post the range report when you get a chance.
Which rifle? Seriously though mine was test fired at the shop for function, cleaned, oiled and locked up. I have several Two Rivers rifles I shoot and enjoy but this one will not be one of them.
Took the M70 with original barrel for it's first outing yesterday and it was extremely accurate after a few minor tweeks to the FSB. Literally took the center from target with one mag at 50 yds.
The Romy M63 with original barrel Two Rivers built is comparible in accuracy as well. You know from your experience at the range OE is hard to beat and I completely agree.

Note: The M70 is milled...not the AKF group build rifle still in the works. Tim did a beautiful resto on my milled rifle as he always does for everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts