AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a Bulgarian characteristic? Do they not serial their parts? I have no idea who the builder was. It's an ITM Arms receiver. That's all I know about it. The bolt was black at one point, but I left some Hoppes9 on it once, and it stripped the finish off.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
It was probably built from a virgin kit. Virgin bulgy krink kits were available alongside the cut up ones.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Would not there still be the circle ten trunnion mark ? Could the trunnion have been shaved by the builder if there is not ? or could it have been a Russian supplied (to Bulgaria) part not yet marked ? this is interesting. I have seen weapons that have been built by various companies to sell that the builders shaved the trunnion markings apparently to not confuse serial numbers with the original and the commercial made receiver serials

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Would not there still be the circle ten trunnion mark ? Could the trunnion have been shaved by the builder if there is not ? or could it have been a Russian supplied (to Bulgaria) part not yet marked ? this is interesting. I have seen weapons that have been built by various companies to sell that the builders shaved the trunnion markings apparently to not confuse serial numbers with the original and the commercial made receiver serials
If none of the other parts have numbers, I would guess it was a virgin kit. If the parts had numbers but the trunnion didn't then I would think that the trunnion was scrubbed at some point.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
The russian supplied ones actually had the star. The star was cast in to the part when the trunnion was actually made. The stock, muzzle break, and selector lever are definitely Bulgarian production as well. That would have been awesome though! A russian made, bulgy assembled example sold from a really high end collection about a year ago and I've regretted not bidding since.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts

If it were a virgin kit, then no there would be no markings on the trunion. If you look at K-var's virgin trunions, there are no markings on them, similar to the virgin parts kits.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's a virgin Bulgarian kit. I also have a Bulgy AKS-74U built from a virgin kit, and it too is devoid of arsenal marks and serial numbers. The only piece with markings is the barrel...actual Bulgarian Krink barrel! ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
If no builder markings most likely a home build. Still 99% I has the chf barrel. I snagged a smoking deal last month, virgin kit Novak receiver, extra shorty receiver for a grand

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's a virgin Bulgarian kit. I also have a Bulgy AKS-74U built from a virgin kit, and it too is devoid of arsenal marks and serial numbers. The only piece with markings is the barrel...actual Bulgarian Krink barrel! ;)
Would you be willing to toss up a pic? I'm 90% sure mine is an actual Bulgy barrel too, but want to compare. Or a source would be nice also.

THX!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have a Bulgy Krink built on an ITM receiver with NO markings on anything. It's a screw build from ORF with an incredibly shitty paint job. It's especially funny because it was sold to me as a rivet build but if you look closely the screws were filled in and rounded off to look like rivets. You can see the threads from the inside of the receiver. Still functions fine though. Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
I built this using a virgin Bulgarian kit....I still have the original Bulgarian barrel. I used a Kvar 16" AKSU barrel.
Before paint.

After paint.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting. My gun has that same shitty painted-on finish, and it came with a very similar fake suppressor. The stock was also pinned open.

However, my gun isn't a screw build. The rivets are obviously authentic. I wonder if ORF did it, or someone else?

I also have a Bulgy Krink built on an ITM receiver with NO markings on anything. It's a screw build from ORF with an incredibly shitty paint job. It's especially funny because it was sold to me as a rivet build but if you look closely the screws were filled in and rounded off to look like rivets. You can see the threads from the inside of the receiver. Still functions fine though. Here are some pics:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts