AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any particular Bulgarian AK's that are troublesome or that I should stay away from?

DK

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Not really. The unconverted SLR-101's, the one's that take single stack mags, are great quality but, well, only take single stack magazines.

The Bulgarian stuff is top notch.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The info is a little late because I got in a rush. I just p/u an SLR95 in PG milled config.

DK

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took some pics for ya.

I have not taken it shooting yet, but hopefully the weather will cooperate.

DK[/img]

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out shooting with a few buddies yesterday. Finally got to shoot my SLR95. It ran great. Definately a little louder with the muzzle brake, but the recoil was tamed down. She shot very acurately. I was very impressed, satisfied and well entertained.

Being this is my first milled AK, I liked the extra little heft it had. I couldn't tell if it helped any in shooting or was any better than my stamped AK's, but I'll be hangin' on to this one.

DK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice

Very nice rifle DK anymore where that came from? I'm shopping for one very much like the one you have.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got this one from the classifieds in the local paper. It was a funny story how I ended up getting it, but sorry to say this was the only one he had. I missed out on a Bulgy Underfolder the weekend before, so I didn't want to miss this one.

I picked it up for $400. It came with two 30rd mags (1 Chi. and 1 Russ.), 1 40rd. Russ. and a little over 300 rds of ammo. I figure with the value of the mags and ammo - I made out pretty good on the AK. They are not usually that cheap!

This is one that will probably never be sold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts