AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking to source an AK-74 kit for a build. I've heard of Bulgarian kits with the "original" optics rail. I wasn't aware that so many were used with optics rails, but according to this thread below:

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/1...al-bulgarian-ak-74-have-side-rail-optics.html

Many, though far from all, came with optics rails. My question is, what did the Bulgarians intend to mount (besides night vision perhaps?) on such rails? Did they have a bunch of different day sights like what the Russians ultimately had with AK-74M rifles?

Also, on another note - were Bulgarian AK-74s were exported anywhere besides, well, here to the US as parts kits? I've heard anecdotally that they may have been providing clandestine aid to Ukraine in their ongoing border war with Russia, but couldn't find any photos or evidence supporting this.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Some Bulgarian AK74's came with rails and others didn't. If you're doing a build, you should install one just to keep your options open.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Bumping the above; sorry for the thread necromancy but I poked through Stottman's book. Didn't see a Bulgarian AKS-74N folding stock rifle with scope rail; if anyone has a picture of such an animal that'd be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts