AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Depends on:

1. Bonafides - appropriate stamps on the receiver, serial number on dust cover, bolt, bolt carrier,
2. Receiver - Who made it and where
3. Manufacturer
4. Barrel - Original or replacement and quality of replacement
5. Barrel - if original, what is the erosion of the barrel
6. Replacement Parts - Trigger group
7. Lack of anything that says CAI on it

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
prices for those very few that are currently on offer tend to be completely crazy and unrealistic.

If i was looking for an AK-74 kit for a build i would not pay more than $750-800 for good condition kit without barrel. i would pay less if kit was already built on before (here in the states) and it depends on condition and how bad pin holes are screwed up.

you could probably get away with charging $1K if kit is really good condition and not built on and if you come across right buyer. but i doubt any more than that. maybe $1200 if it was mint/unissued.

if anyone just wants AK-74 there are cheaper options out there of already built guns. it just wouldn't make sense for any average Joe to mess with a kit build, short of collector who wants all-original bulgarian rifle.

caveat to all of this - it's my own opinion and my own budget comfort level. some rich dude might be willing to pay a lot more than I would.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
yeah.... it all depends but between 1200 and 2000 with a barrel depending on condition is what I have seen them going for on the files. The lower end without a barrel and upper with a barrel and the most with an original Bulgarian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts