AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen one photo of what was described as a "K" or kurtz model of the MPi 72 and I think it is the coolest looking short AK out there. I hope to build an SBR version, and have a correct EG sidefolder, PG and handguards, and an EG 3/4 inch between pins front sight (the photo show the wider front sight). I plan to build on an unissued Romy kit. Has anyone else faced this obsession and do you have any info that would help make my build more accurate?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I remember the company that had that gun as their "banner".

Seems they were big into Mac-10/11 accessories and custom drum magazines too.

It was full auto and they had a vid on their site firring it into a small pond I believe.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stottman said:
GPSIG said:
This is the one I have seen

Thats a ChiCom gun made into a DDR clone. Notice the rivit pattern.

There is one like that, but there are no parts to be found..
The rivet pattern? I thought I had an AK addiction problem :grin: From what I can see that I can copy, I am getting the stock (from you!), I have the handguard and grips, I have ordered a DDR wide front sight and night sights from A-Ok, and I think I can pick up a DDR muzzle nut. I have seen a few DDR front trunions, but it is not worth it to me to replace the Romy one just to get DDR steel. I have also seen DDR rear sight leafs, I may pick up a pair (I have two DDR projects...).

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm not sure it's worth the headache and $$$ to end up with an NFA weapon that is a poor clone.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not a huge 7.62 fan and only want to do one 7.62 SBR. I thought about an M92, but those are pretty common and I think this is more interesting. That said, if it isn't a model used in the DDR then I wouldn't want to do a frankengun. As long as I do the best I can in copying it then it won't be a poor clone, it will be the best available clone, right? :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts