AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting into building and would like some guidance and help. i have a romanian G kit right now and a couple of bulgy ak 74 kits on the way. If there is anyone in the DFW area that could help me out with the first build it would be much appreciatted. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do you have the tools necessary to do a build?

I've got some tools, and more on the way. Putting one together isn't as hard or intimidating as it first seems. There's more than a few DFW guys that could help out :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some tools. However, I live in Abilene. I work in the DFW area and was hoping to find someone to help, maybe on a weekend. I've been told that a build can be done in a day. I think once I do one, I can do the others on my own

·
Registered
371 Posts
That's pretty much true. A build can be done in a matter of hours with the necessary tooling.

I could show you how to do it, but I'm not going to have a free weekend until some time in September. So if no one else is able to help before then, I'd be more than happy to show you how to do one...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm a little over an hour south of Abilene, if we could get a build party together on this side of Tx that would be great.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Im in McKinney, could possibly help in a week or so if you want to drive that far.

Do you plan to use a flat, blank, or 100%?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Well my fellow ak'ers ..Yall may be in luck.I just talked to Eric aka getit and he was saying he wanted to have another build party..He has ample space for about 10 people..He may chime in here or Ill post any info I can get out of him....Ill try to attend to help as much as possible.Stay tuned

Dave

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Let me know AK_nut, I don't have any kits and I'm not going to a build party without one... need some time to shop so I'm down.

There were talks of it a few months ago but Hail hit... and getit got too busy.

Getits shop is on the west side of Ft.Worth so that would help with your drive from Abilene if you came.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Ive also been talking to gomez about another small shoot in october.. :dance: Im waiting to here from him on the day..Get yalls stuff together..

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Wow, seems like it's time for me to get off my a$$ and get my receivers ordered from Nodak Spud.

:goof:

·
Registered
832 Posts
well i am STILL busy but think i might be able to make a free weekend in about 3 weeks to a month......right now my shop is just friggin packed with work and projects, and i am taking up everyones parking outside! opened up a second shop for about 2 months and had 8 employees in there working away.....I will start a new thread in a bit with details and a place to discuss a date and time

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
WarBaby said:
Well, well. I should be back in the DF Dub by then... :goof:

Good to here it bro..

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you don't mind working in the country, I am just south of Fort Worth and am available M-F all this month. September is Gun Show / Pow Wow month.

Might even be able to get the KCAs' famous AK_Nut and his traveling road show to show up.

Two 4 packs of sparks orange/blue cans are really not necessary.................Use E Mail

[email protected] :sniper:

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
akarfal said:
If you don't mind working in the country, I am just south of Fort Worth and am available M-F all this month. September is Gun Show / Pow Wow month.

Might even be able to get the KCAs' famous AK_Nut and his traveling road show to show up.

Two 4 packs of sparks orange/blue cans are really not necessary.................Use E Mail

[email protected] :sniper:
If your lucky I'll sighn autographs..
Thank you!!Thank you!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys

Ive been out of pocket the last few days. I'm interested in any of the build parties. I would definitly like to learn to build off a flat, but its probably a good idea for me to do my first build on a prebent flat. What do you think? Besides my kit, receiver and rivet kit, what else do I need?
All I need to know is the time and place. I'm pretty much free on weekends and some weekdays.

·
Registered
832 Posts
that would be a good idea.....plus u will spend more time getting something completed and learn the ways of the force!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
getit said:
that would be a good idea.....plus u will spend more time getting something completed and learn the ways of the force!
So you think its a good idea to do my first build off a flat? Which is the best flat? I was looking at the ak builder flats and rivet kits.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts