AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently traded for a Mak90 w/ thumbhole stock that someone in it's history had cut the receiver tang off of.

Of course with stock removed it would have been too short OAL.

So I ordered the proper compliance parts to include a TAPCO pistol grip and then attached the side folding stock and mechanism from an old Choate Mini-14 folder to the back of the receiver via a homade adapeter block and a wire welder.

Horrors! :shock: I know further bubbain' but it was bubba'ed to begin with.

Now I've got a decent side folder that fit's my big gorrila arms with rubber pad to boot.

Question is did the value stay the same go up or down or is the beauty in the eye of the beer-holder? :goof:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Sounds like a real good shooter. Value was already killed with the bubba-ing, you may have just improved it, but probably not. Is it milled?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry no pics for now my cam is acting funky and pixelating everything.

Nope it's not a milled receiver.

Just an average used stamped MAK with a fore mentioned chop work on it.

What was sad was the un bubbabed rest if the gun lookes very clean and like brand new inside and out. Original cost to me was $319 OTD.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You can use an ACE LTD "cut the dang tang" side folder. The work is already done for you.....

OAL with a folder is measured w/ stock in firing (open) position. :grin:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If it`s a square cut and in as good of shape as you say, I`d be looking for a Chinese trunion. They are very scarce but sometimes show up for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts