AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thank you for the offer, that would be perfect for the defender I'm working on.

Cost?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm working with BT on this since I work for the only importer of BT products I'm tring to get an idea of how many to import.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quantity will depend on price. BT products are usually pretty pricey. Especially now that exchange rate has gone through the floor.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Brugger-Thomet are always a bit pricey.

Their AK forearms retail for $294.95 through DSA.

While normally top-notch products, that would unfortunately be out of my current price range.

I look forward to more info.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
What would be of FAR more interest to me?

A simple VZ wood/chipboard composite upper hanguard with ONE stinking rail securely attached for a small "dot" sight. I've seen Czech photos of some VZs with these... why can't we have them?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Trotsky said:
What would be of FAR more interest to me?

A simple VZ wood/chipboard composite upper hanguard with ONE stinking rail securely attached for a small "dot" sight. I've seen Czech photos of some VZs with these... why can't we have them?
something like this?

these are easy to make.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Or how about this;

G

·
0 Posts
Ouch that is alot of coin.

I really want a set of these upper and lower handguards plus the stock and pistol grip:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That's what I'm looking for right there.

Anyone know where to look for the stock and furniture?

I already have the break thanks to Hotbarrel! :hail:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
obiwanbonjovi ? YES YES YES.... :) Simple, It doesn't make little Vassili cry (standard AK "tacticool" insult), and I can stabilize any sloppiness in the upper with minor work. THAT is the unit we need.

One change?

A slightly longer unit (about 5 slots) would handle the less expensive Red Dots... more like this one:

... except with a see thru slot in the event that the FS post is blocked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be interested (I actually emailed DSA a few days ago about this very thing). I'm just curious...is it worth the extra $$$? PRI has a top handguard/rail for about $110 and then the FAB/MAKO sets can be had for about $80. Does the B&T actually offer anything extra (like co-witnessing, that would be nice)?

Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
bookmann said:
I'd be interested (I actually emailed DSA a few days ago about this very thing). I'm just curious...is it worth the extra $$$? PRI has a top handguard/rail for about $110 and then the FAB/MAKO sets can be had for about $80. Does the B&T actually offer anything extra (like co-witnessing, that would be nice)?

Just my $.02
what it offers extra is its aluminum and the quality is top notch.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Paul at Infratek (http://www.vz58.net) has a new rail coming soon. It looks a little like the BT.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts