AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts have you broken on your rifle from normal use?
And how many rounds do you think your rifle has belched out?
What shape is your barrel after x amount of rounds?
And do you ever plan to rebarrel?
I was just curious about the life span of the ak platform.Any input would be very entertaining.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I haven't shot it enough to break a part or wear out the barrel but I know that a spare firing pin, extractor, the pins that retain them and every spring in the rifle are good to have.
The maniacs in this little electric tribe shoot A LOT, they even find ways to get the recoil of the rifle to do their shooting for them because they have worn their trigger fingers to the bone. If something breaks you'll hear of it here.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My SAR 1 (2000 Model) has over 6000+ rounds through it easily. The good old days not long ago you could have 1000 rounds of Wolf delivered to your door for $65 from Sportsmans Guide. I replaced the extractor around 5000 rounds. It still worked, but the edge was clearly broken and what was left of the extrator face would have eventually failed...maybe in another 5000 rounds. The unusual thing about this SAR 1 is that it still has the Century FCG in it. It never developed trigger slap. After 6000+ rounds, nothing is worn out, just broken in.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts