AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this little guy for a while. My dad bought it out of an old estate so no repo stuff on it and no import marks. All the lightening cuts are present under the wood. Thoughts on value?

·
Super Moderator
25,782 Posts
If the real deal...$500 and up depending on condition. Looks like a real beauty!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dvs said:
I had one just like that a couple of years ago and I paid 450 for it. whats the date on the left side of the receiver?
THe date is extremely faint. I believe 1/46.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
450-500. I have one that is very good condition, not as nice as yours, but I paid 375. Great little carbine and a nice companion to my No.4 Mk1.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Has it been refinished? Looks polished and blued, should be painted. The date on the side is electro penciled/engraved so should be bare metal. Do the numbers on everything match? If matching original $500-ish, if refinished $350-400.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Farmer-Ted said:
Has it been refinished? Looks polished and blued, should be painted. The date on the side is electro penciled/engraved so should be bare metal. Do the numbers on everything match? If matching original $500-ish, if refinished $350-400.
I'm not sure what's going on with the finish. It IS blued and not the stoving that the British used. Not sure its history prior to 1992 when my dad bought it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts