AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive never used this stuff, im going to spray it in the my barrel. ive read you have to becareful or it will eat your finish.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Break Free CLP was Army issued as the only authorized personal weapon cleaning solution.
At least when and where I was serving. :cool:

Edited for spelling :goof:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Breakfree makes various different products. CLP is fine, their gunscrub product is what can destroy finishes.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
As already stated, Breakfree is fine, just don't use it (or any CLP) for long term storage/lubrication. It will, over time, congeal and cause your gun to be all gummy.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
FP-10, originated by Muscle Products and sold by Shooter's Choice, is my favorite. According to sources on the internet, it was adopted by the Navy Seals. Do a search, as there is lots of info on this stuff. Hell this shit even smells good! Break Free is good also. It is what I used before switching to FP-10. Never harmed any of my finishes.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
barberl said:
FP-10, originated by Muscle Products and sold by Shooter's Choice, is my favorite. According to sources on the internet, it was adopted by the Navy Seals. Do a search, as there is lots of info on this stuff. Hell this shit even smells good! Break Free is good also. It is what I used before switching to FP-10. Never harmed any of my finishes.
And it smells good too!!

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not talking about break free clp, i mean regular break free.

·
Banned
698 Posts
skrilla said:
im not talking about break free clp, i mean regular break free.
BreakFree CLP is a brand name for that company's breakfree.

Regular "breakfree" is the generic term for the cleaner, lubricant, preservative product.

Breakfree will NEVER turn gummy. I've used ti for over twnety years as it is one of the only lubes you can use in my desert environment. Some firearms that have been in long term storage have no gummyness at all.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I mostly use Breakfree CLP as a general purpose cleaner and Breakfree Lub/Protectant as lubrication. I really like it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
when people talk about damaging finishes, this is the culprit, not this

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Typically I use BreakFree to clean and then also to re-oil my painted gun parts. For parked/blued parts I like to soak them in a light solvent and follow that with a coat of oil or rig, depending on the wear load of the item.

·
Registered
64 Posts
CLP is the best friend any Arsenal gun has! It will not remove the squid-ink on those, but it does have a bad smell! :lol:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
CLP was the mainstay while I was in the USMC. I like regular old LSA now. I have bottle of it all over the house. (That's what happens when you buy the gallon jug.)

And it doesn't gum up or get sticky. Parkerized surfaces soak it up.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
CLP is decent.

burns off a little too quick in an AR. my AK doesn't really seem to care what i put on it. i been hosing it down with spray on silicone lube lately to keep the summer humidity from rusting it.

militec, in my experience, is a better lube for an AR15. keeps the gas rings smooth and clean a bit longer than CLP.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Wakko said:
Eh, I don't like the smell of it.
You are just in denial! :wink:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Ballistol smells better :mrgreen:

Breakfree CLP, I've never seen it gum up on any of my firearms and I use it on all of them except for my 12 gauge which gets the ballistol treatment. The smell I think is fairly mild compared to other products.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts