AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything I need to know about it before I start putting copious amounts of rounds thru it?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
And also I'd add a good preflight of it from muzzle to buttstock too.
I've had good luck with the CIA Yugos so I think you'll be fine.
Just the same inspect the firearm after giving it a good cleaning,as well as proper lubrication before firing.
My 0.02 worth.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Anything I need to know about it before I start putting copious amounts of rounds thru it?
Yeah. Cross your fingers! :roll:

Maybe some holy water? :neutral:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
more advice

Here's some more advice. If it don't function send it back, they will fix it! If it operates like my CAI AK's you will go broke trying to make it fail. I know there are better manufacturers out there but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
It's kind of the luck of the draw with Century. I have been lucky as I own a Yugo M70AB2 and an AMD-65 and both run fine. They will fix a problem but seem to release a lot of guns on the market that just shouldn't get past quality control. They can still be great guns though. I think we tend to hear more about problem guns, while many that function fine are never discussed. People tend to come out of the woodwork, so to speak, when they buy a problem product from a certain manufacturer. After all, there are a lot of people buying these guns that do not belong to a forum like this.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Re: more advice

jdub said:
Here's some more advice. If it don't function send it back, they will fix it! If it operates like my CAI AK's you will go broke trying to make it fail. I know there are better manufacturers out there but you get what you pay for.
I sent my Yugo to a competent AK smith. I figured why give Century another opportunity to screw it up?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts

DoubleTap said:
jdub said:
I sent my Yugo to a competent AK smith. I figured why give Century another opportunity to screw it up?
Because they don't charge you extra and their CS has excellent reviews when it comes to fixing guns.

Everyone from Vector to Century puts out bad rifles... it happens. Even new manufacturers like Beretta, Colt, etc. do. Hell, Beretta sent the military a nice large collection of M9 pistols whose slides were not properly made and ended up cracking in half. What makes the difference, is how they stand up behind their products. Century does make cheaper end AKs but the fact is their new builds do work- and if there is a problem, they fix it.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

Q-gunner2 said:
DoubleTap said:
jdub said:
Because they don't charge you extra and their CS has excellent reviews when it comes to fixing guns.

Everyone from Vector to Century puts out bad rifles... it happens. Even new manufacturers like Beretta, Colt, etc. do. Hell, Beretta sent the military a nice large collection of M9 pistols whose slides were not properly made and ended up cracking in half. What makes the difference, is how they stand up behind their products. Century does make cheaper end AKs but the fact is their new builds do work- and if there is a problem, they fix it.
I had a CETME that had to go back a few times. CS got so agrivated with the monkeys in the warehouse they prepaid my shipping. UPS came and picked it up 2 weeks later dropped it back off working great since.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, thanks guys, I'm gonna give it a metric uber-cleaning tonight and probably put 30 rounds down afterwards. I'll report after its done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts