·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Vector underfolder yesterday at the funshow. What I want to know is:

Is this a Polish rifle?
Is this a nice rifle?
Is $580 too much to pay for it?
And anything else you can tell me about it.

Upon comparing it to my as yet unbuilt Polish underfolder kit I don't believe it is a Polish based rifle. The underfolder is different, the Polish kit has a "circle 11" and the Vector rifle doesn't, the gas tube is perforated on my Vector but not on the Polish kit, and the Vector has a smooth dustcover while the Polish kit has a ribbed cover. I wonder what the country of origin this rifle is?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought a regular wood stock Vector a couple months ago. Mine is a mishmash of parts. It functions fine and looks good, but the front trunnion is East German. It has an AK-74 buttstock (on an AKM), etc..

·
Registered
116 Posts
With the Vectors you are getting a mix of parts. The plus side and what you are really paying for is the expertise of the Vector folks putting it together. They probably have more collective experience building AK's than anyone else in the U.S.

·
Super Moderator
10,329 Posts
samtechlan said:
With the Vectors you are getting a mix of parts. The plus side and what you are really paying for is the expertise of the Vector folks putting it together. They probably have more collective experience building AK's than anyone else in the U.S.
What he said. My Vector Polish underfolder is a Hienz 57 rifle in that not one set of numbered parts match. All were correct for a AKM rifle and not a mix of AK and AKM parts.

Hootbro

·
Super Moderator
10,329 Posts
1Gunner said:
heard of a few with East German trunnions and rear sight
Were those from the recent PLO kits? Many of the PLO kits seem to have gone through a refurb program in East Germany and had a mish-mash of East German repair parts thrown in no matter what country the rifles came from.

Hootbro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts