AK Rifles banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty pumped up to have it. Does anyone know if there is a such thing as a Valmet 7.62x39 5rd or 10rd magazine? I'd like it to take up less room on my wall.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Doesnt really have too much to do with the topic at hand, but i was on rifle refresher course last weekend, shooting the real deal 7.62 RK 62, thing i noticed compared to the pictures you posted of your weapons receiver, the assault rifles dont have anything but manufacturer stamp sako / valmet, year of manufacture and serial, there is no stamp for the type like yours has, never really paid any attention to that detail until i saw your pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to a LGS today. I shot my Yugo M57 Tokarev for the first time. It was amazingly accurate. I've been eyeing a Valmet M62/S that they've had for sale for $3,500 for about a year. I asked the owner what the story was on it. He said that his father (former owner) had bought it from a guy about ten years ago who was the original owner and he thinks never fired it. His father never fired it and passed away about five years ago. He said that they just kept it in the safe until they put it out for sale (about a year ago). I told him that I was interested, but the price was too high. He didn't say anything. I then asked if he could take it apart. He took it apart and I examined everything that I could. It appears unfired. I then asked him if he'd take $2,600. He called someone and then said that he take $2,600+tax cash which worked out to $2,756. It seemed like a fair deal to me given what I've learned about this particular model, so I went to the bank, got the money, and paid him.

Left View

Right View

Bolt in Carrier

Rear Sight

Six Digit Serial Number (last three blacked out)

Valmet Brand Marking

Import Marking

Some things that I find interesting are that the bolt is in the white, the gas piston appears blued, and none of the parts other than the receiver have serial numbers. Having looked it over some more, it definitely appears that the rifle has not been fired. The finish is excellent with just very few minor scratch marks. There is also a little bit of discoloration to the finish in spots where it appears that oil or grease dried up.

This will make a good companion to my Springfield imported IMI Galil. I'm pretty sure everything is original. However, if you see something that doesn't look "correct", please let me know.

ETA: I did find the serial number on the rear sight assembly.
Hey
I went to a LGS today. I shot my Yugo M57 Tokarev for the first time. It was amazingly accurate. I've been eyeing a Valmet M62/S that they've had for sale for $3,500 for about a year. I asked the owner what the story was on it. He said that his father (former owner) had bought it from a guy about ten years ago who was the original owner and he thinks never fired it. His father never fired it and passed away about five years ago. He said that they just kept it in the safe until they put it out for sale (about a year ago). I told him that I was interested, but the price was too high. He didn't say anything. I then asked if he could take it apart. He took it apart and I examined everything that I could. It appears unfired. I then asked him if he'd take $2,600. He called someone and then said that he take $2,600+tax cash which worked out to $2,756. It seemed like a fair deal to me given what I've learned about this particular model, so I went to the bank, got the money, and paid him.

Left View

Right View

Bolt in Carrier

Rear Sight

Six Digit Serial Number (last three blacked out)

Valmet Brand Marking

Import Marking

Some things that I find interesting are that the bolt is in the white, the gas piston appears blued, and none of the parts other than the receiver have serial numbers. Having looked it over some more, it definitely appears that the rifle has not been fired. The finish is excellent with just very few minor scratch marks. There is also a little bit of discoloration to the finish in spots where it appears that oil or grease dried up.

This will make a good companion to my Springfield imported IMI Galil. I'm pretty sure everything is original. However, if you see something that doesn't look "correct", please let me know.

ETA: I did find the serial number on the rear sight assembly.
Hey do you still have this valmet? If so would you be interested in selling?

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I still have it. There's no way that I'll sell it. Well, there is, but there's no way that someone is going to make me the type of offer necessary to get me to part with it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts