AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to rivet my rear trunnion for my Folding stock (4* Russian 5.5mm, not 6* bulgy 4.5mm) BUT I don't have a press or jigs or any experience. SOOOO I'm thinking of using bolts until I can get around to riveting. (Yes I know, it's not as cool looking, blah blah blah)

Where can I get a good set of Trunnion screws? I need 1 LONG rivet screw and 4 Short rivet screws (or at least that's the rivet count I'd need)

Please help, as I know very little of home Building, but enough of home Modding to get by.

Thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I used the TAPCO screw set on my build.You may have to enlarge rivet holes before taping threads. Use a little locktite when assy. It worked for me.

Guns-r-fun

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Start a thread here in the BIY section, title it

FLORIDA builders - HELP!

FLORIDA - rivet help needed

sumthin' like that should work.

good luck,

t

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Just wondering, you are installing the modern russian rear trunnion to get the 2 degree angle difference becuase? Cheek weld or something?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because I have a russian fixed stock now. Drill out the old trunnion, cut and shape the receiver for the new one.

:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
why not hammer form the rivets??

its not that hard.

Pakistani's in mud huts dont have 20 ton presses and fancy jigs, and they get it done just fine!! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts