AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my m70ab2 off to century arms for repair because the bolt was holding open with out the magizne in.I got it back to day and the bolt still is holding open.I think when i cock it the hammer dont go all the way down becuase when the bolt goes back foward it catch on the hammer.Should his happen or should it be smooth on the way back up?does anybodys century arms m70ab2 do this.

Stephen

·
Registered
297 Posts
All I can tell you is that I've had two custom built AK's that stuck to the rear position or didn't cycle properly every time. The bolt seemed to be getting hung on the trigger group (but I'm not sure). Once I took them to the range and fired them, the problem very quickly seemed to get better and better. After a few hundred rounds down range, I had no problems at all. Consider it a short break-in period. If I had your Century problem, I'd take it to the range and see if a little "exercise" solves the problem. If it didn't, I'd send it back to Century.

If others have had the same experience with their kit built AK's please chime in. I'd like to know I'm not the only one.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
does it stick when you cycle by hand only, or when you fire it. if its when you fire it, you have a problem. if its when you hand cycle, there is no problem. cycle it quicker and you will see that it closes very quickly. all my guns do that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it only hold open when i cycle by hand not when firing.I shot 90 rounds out of it this evening i had one stove pipe.I put about 130 round through it since i got it.I will have to take it out again tomorrow evening and see will it break.how many round did you put through your before it broke in?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
bolt catch

The bolt will catch hand cycling. With your gun unloaded, pull the bolt all the way back, squeeze and hold trigger. It should cycle with no catch. If you pull the bolt back and let it slam home there should be no catch. If you coax it forward it will probably catch "all mine do." Break in period, I don't know couple hundred rounds. My AK's always function with monotony. I wouldn't get to excited about 1 stovepipe in 150 rnds. Try different mags too.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
lol, broke in... most of my guns are unfired, or have less than 100 rounds through them. i dont shoot too often, they are too expensive to shoot :sad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts