AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes and sells black plastic hand guards, without the 74 style grooves or accessory rail? I wanted to go with a chinese set. I ordered a set from polytech parts but the upper is US made and the lower is chinese, but looks used and doesn't have a cleaning rod hole.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
782 Posts
I just ordered this set, as I've had a lot of luck with Choate products in the past and wasn't able to find many other plain style handguards.

Not sure if they're what you're after though as they don't have heat shields.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaning rod

Do either of these have a cleaning rod hole? The chinese one I bought doesn't, and I can't tell from the pics.

Thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
Re: Cleaning rod

ryanj52 said:
Do either of these have a cleaning rod hole? The chinese one I bought doesn't, and I can't tell from the pics.

Thanks
My Choate set came in the mail yesterday and did not have a cleaning rod hole, although there is a channel moulded into the inside for a cleaning rod. Now my set has a cleaning rod hole, took about 5 mins.

Here's a crappy pic of how it looks mounted:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Re: cleaning rod

ryanj52 said:
Thanks for the pic, can a heat shield be added to these?
I had been wondering that myself, but now I've gotten them I'm still not sure. It looks pretty tight in there, I've got some bits for a fab somewhere, so I'll post if/when I get one made.

·
Registered
608 Posts
A friend of mine had a set of those. I don't know how hot he got his rifle, but the polymer melted onto the barrel. He had to scrape it off...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts