AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AIRBORNE!!!
Bill Murray just sky dived the other day, and I couldn't resist. :grin:

If I could cut & paste, he'd be in a military get up floating down on his canopy; in his Hunter S. Thompson character from "Where the Buffalo Roam". :grin:

Edited for correctness :goof:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Love that film! :wink:

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct JinxxxOnU; don't know what I was thinking. I edited my post with the right movie title. :smile:

Hey Hootbro, do tell. Have you had a run in with him? That really sucks to find out he's an asshole in real life; guess fame gets to you after being in it for so long. :neutral:

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
LRRP-87 said:
............Hey Hootbro, do tell. Have you had a run in with him? That really sucks to find out he's an asshole in real life; guess fame gets to you after being in it for so long. :neutral:

Actually ran into him on a golf course in Florida when I was visiting my grandfather in 2005. Both Bill Murray and his brother Brian Doyle-Murray were playing through. Bill would not even shake my hand nor acknowledge me. His brother Brian was the total opposite and quite a gentleman in all respects. Bill Murray is very full of himself and a pompous ass.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I don't care much for American Chopper but on the episode where they were building a bike for him/his association, he showed his true colors. Definately a complete jerk. Very disappointing as I used to enjoy his movies. :sad:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Never confuse the art with the artist. Also, never try to meet your idols. You'll most likely be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hootbro said:
Actually ran into him on a golf course in Florida when I was visiting my grandfather in 2005. Both Bill Murray and his brother Brian Doyle-Murray were playing through. Bill would not even shake my hand nor acknowledge me. His brother Brian was the total opposite and quite a gentleman in all respects. Bill Murray is very full of himself and a pompous ass.
Without justifying his ungracious behavior in any way, the son of a major league pitcher is in my daughter's class. At a school event he was there and while we were milling about I asked him I could snap a pic of my daughter & he together. He agreed, "No problem.", but as I did it I realized I was "that guy" & he just wanted to be normal and be there for his kid. Just dad in other words if even for a moment. I still feel like a complete douche over that one. So you might say maybe Murray just wanted to play golf with his brother that day. Not excusing it, just sayin'......

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
red_metallic said:
Without justifying his ungracious behavior in any way, the son of a major league pitcher is in my daughter's class. At a school event he was there and while we were milling about I asked him I could snap a pic of my daughter & he together. He agreed, "No problem.", but as I did it I realized I was "that guy" & he just wanted to be normal and be there for his kid. Just dad in other words if even for a moment. I still feel like a complete douche over that one. So you might say maybe Murray just wanted to play golf with his brother that day. Not excusing it, just sayin'......
I hear what you are say but the meeting was not some crazed fan running across a parking lot or screaming in a restaurant for his autograph. Bill and his brother bumped into us by playing through. All I did was extend my hand for a handshake and telling him I enjoyed his work. No pictures, no autographs nor a big scene gushing over him. The 20 minutes while on the tee together with Bill and his brother Brian, Brian was actually engaging in normal conversation and the usual golfing BS. Bill stayed in the cart with a puss face. The meeting was lost on my grandfather who was 82 at the time and stopped tracking Hollywood types on 1965.

I will say they both played well and made me look like a worm digger.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Templar said:

Ha! I thought I was the only one who knew that movie. I've had it on VHS forever. Peter Boyle often stole the show though. Great flick.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hootbro said:
I will say they both played well and made me look like a worm digger.
Maybe he's just a golf snob and it had nothing to do with being a celebrity. :grin:

·
Registered
945 Posts
" A golf course is a perfect waste of a really nice rifle range ! " :goof:
All the FUDDS I know also golf !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts