AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Reno Gun Show this weekend(fri-sun). Typical high priced crap. Sold an AK, I neede some money but I felt like I had to make it worth my while....soooooooooooo.....found a new unfired SKS-M that takes the AK mags for $300 out the door...private sale. I was looking at a couple of milled MAK sporters......way to much. Only other SKS Para that takes AK mags was $400 plus all the crap(tax's, paperwork). I think I did ok with SKS, hard to find these in unfired condition. I'll post photos later...to tired right now.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
$300 is a good deal. Does it have the bayo lug? Most don't, but if yours does, you flat our robbd the guy.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No bayonet lug on this one...my other paratrooper has the bayonet and regular military stock. I think all I'll do with the "D" model is replace the stock with a regular stock to get rid of the thumbhole stock. LOL I have 2 unfired SKS Paratroopers, I think its time to shoot them.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The mag well on the regular stock isn't wide enough to accomidate the AK mag adapter- the thumbhole stock denotes that it is the "Hunter" model SKS-D. Also, the SKS-D stocks are a little longer and are wider at the front end, which makes for more comfortable shooting and also less heating of the stock during firing. I would leave it as-is.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They made regular stocks for the M and D models, I just have to get one of those or even a black folding stock with AK mag cutout. Its no big deal right now. I'll find a nice wood stock.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The regular stocks aren't actually regular. They too have the wide front end and a longer, monte-carlo style rear.

If you want a folding stock, make sure you comply with section 922(r) and cut the mag well right (I do not know of any folding stocks made specifically for the SKS-D/SKS-M models).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ATI makes them for either model. Might take awhile but I'll find a nice wood one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts