AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of Romy kits I want to do as BFPU with just the receiver refinished and then scuffed up to match plus correct selector markings. Just wondered who you guys recommend as a builder who does a great job at the battlefield pickup look?

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
BFPU., you can do that finish yourself quite easily. Search on this site and Google etc., . Have it built with no finish work and go from there. A BFPU finish is easy and you can use common products and your imagination.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hard use is a certain method of reproducing the "battlefield" look.
There are added benefits to the method, not the least of which is you get to shoot the rifle.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Unless you can carry/keep the rifle for several hours to 24 hours per day and eat and sleep with the weapon., in all sorts of weather and crawling and prone and rattling around in a truck or two I do not think you will get shown wear anytime soon.

·
1,092 Posts
I have built several rifles as BFPU, I think its a shame to cover up the original Patina of the kits... Here are some pictures of some recent Romy BFPU rifles I built on 74uLLC receivers with proper selector markings;

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's easy to "wear" the receiver to match a existing kit or do the whole thing. This rifle was made from a lit which when received showed considerable exterior handling. It was worn smooth in some places. The interior in contrast was almost new. The kit was all matching down to even the fire control parts. I built it on a NoDak receiver and a new Romanian barrel I aged the receiver and barrel using a very old and worn 000 sanding sponge. The sponge wears the metal as opposed to scratching it so the grain of the metal shows...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts