AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happen to buy one and it was a POS. It was my fault for trusting this guy. Pictures looked good and he answered all my questions. Just letting everyone know beware. I asked him for some money back or some other for of compensation. He pretty much blew me off. I gave him a bad review on Gunbroker and plan to file a claim against him through them. I can't file through Paypal. SO BUYERS BEWARE!

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
If it was really a bad transaction you can send him a dollar through PP and put AK47 in the title. Just make sure you only have a dollar in your account, don't know if they will lock yours too.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
StreetTrends said:
If it was really a bad transaction you can send him a dollar through PP and put AK47 in the title. Just make sure you only have a dollar in your account, don't know if they will lock yours too.
They lock the accounts of all involved parties of those who break their rules.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
nalioth said:
StreetTrends said:
They lock the accounts of all involved parties of those who break their rules.
thats why he said to have only one dollar in the source account :confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is what was wrong:

Rivets on trigger guard were loose and were about to fall out. Rear block for side folder was installed wrong. Several other rivets not seated and loose. Rust every where. Barrel pin not the right size. It was forced in. So take my word. IT is a POS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a copy of my last emails with this guy.

Martin,

Since you have not responded to my email about paying for getting the weapon fixed. I must assume you are blowing me off. So you leave me no choice but to leave NEGATIVE feedback at GUNBROKER and to file a complaint with them. Further more I will inform every gun forum of your unwillingness to correct the problem. And tell them not to purchase anything from you.

Jimmy

--- On Tue, 7/15/08, [email protected] <Martinhdobson> wrote:

Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 103576007
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 6:10 PM

Let me see what I can do.

In a message dated 7/15/2008 9:57:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

Martin,

I just picked up the weapon. I must tell you I am not very pleased with it. There are rivets that are loose and falling out. The main one that holds the barrel on is pretty messed up too. It is going to cost me some money to get this fixed. I would ask you for some of my money back but I doubt you will give it back to me. Is there some way possible to get compensated from you to get this fixed.

Jimmy

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
After looking into this more. I need more info from you. I would like all emails that were exchanged between the two of you. I've been in contact with wilfredwilf and he is explaining his side of the story. I've got emails saying that you would like the rifle shipped to your home address? Can you please expand on this purchase with all the info you have. That and you were asking questions about the rifle after it was already purchased and not before. Thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
StreetTrends said:
After looking into this more. I need more info from you. I would like all emails that were exchanged between the two of you. I've been in contact with wilfredwilf and he is explaining his side of the story. I've got emails saying that you would like the rifle shipped to your home address? Can you please expand on this purchase with all the info you have. That and you were asking questions about the rifle after it was already purchased and not before. Thanks.
Hmmm. It sounds like there is more to this story. :confused:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
*dramatic music* da da da *dramatic music*

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
to play a neutral, but devils advocate, what the hell does ASKING him to ship the rifle to his house have to do with sending a crap product? i can ask for the guy to include 5 hookers with the purchase of a rifle... that doesnt mean he can send me a pile of crap when i am paying for a rifle.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
catsailer40 said:
to play a neutral, but devils advocate, what the hell does ASKING him to ship the rifle to his house have to do with sending a crap product? i can ask for the guy to include 5 hookers with the purchase of a rifle... that doesnt mean he can send me a pile of crap when i am paying for a rifle.
Basically I was refering to shmidt not telling us 100% of the story and the fact that it's illegal. Maybe he was unhappy with the sellars decision and began to give him more grief. I don't know the whole story but, someone needs to get me some pics of the rifle in question.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.