AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know somebody who has made one...I haven't looked at it, but it should be doable.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Darn within the last few weeks, here or 15.com I saw a post that included pictures even.....can't find it now, sorry.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
If somebody wants to donate one to my collection, I would be more than up to the task of developing! :wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
There are a couple of us on Assault Web that are getting an adaptor for the Galil that will allow the use of AR mags in an AK that are experimenting with it as 'if' the AR mags work a beta will work.

For myself I am playing with a chinese AK in 223 with mine to see if that can be made to work. One of the other members is using a SAR-3 to play with for his project.

·
Registered
61 Posts
AW4EVER over on arfcom took a 74 mags and cut it in half the attached it to a beta mag. I haven't seen it in person but from what he has told me it works fine.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
predator86 said:
AW4EVER over on arfcom took a 74 mags and cut it in half the attached it to a beta mag. I haven't seen it in person but from what he has told me it works fine.
well ive got a bulgy 5.45 mag id sacarfice to attempt this is someone is willing to buy me the beta mag.

but then again,..i may have to chop up a bulgy waffle to work in my Arsenal :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Hawk45 said:
There are a couple of us on Assault Web that are getting an adaptor for the Galil that will allow the use of AR mags in an AK that are experimenting with it as 'if' the AR mags work a beta will work.

For myself I am playing with a chinese AK in 223 with mine to see if that can be made to work. One of the other members is using a SAR-3 to play with for his project.
The Galil adapter won't work because of the AK's trunnion design, maybe it could be cut and welded to the receiver. No matter what, your talking about extensive, permanent modification to your rifle ... :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
AND... I took all the AR parts off my AK so I could join this forum. Friends don't let friends F-up their AK's. MV out!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MontanaVet said:
AND... I took all the AR parts off my AK so I could join this forum. Friends don't let friends F-up their AK's. MV out!
This is different somehow....

Not to mention most AR guys don't like the Beta C mags anymore....Anything that pisses them off is OK

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Apache, I am not a puriest. I just want guns that WORK. That why I have AK's. Besides it will allow me to use mags that are MUCH cheaper than Chinese 223 mags. Besides it will give the guy on Gunbroker fits when there IS a solution other than his $450 MAK drum. Besides it is an angle cut MAK. :twisted:

If nothing else it will piss off the AR guys to no end when they see what 'their' sacred cow betas are being used on. I got to give betas one thing though, they are MUCH quieter than Commie drums. Also it will allow the use of the 'MWG' type AR drums to be used.

If I have to weld it, so be it. I take the route and ask myself what would MK do if he were faced with this problem.

G

·
0 Posts
Can we get a little Ak purist support here? Where are the "Not on my Ak" guys? Not to mention the fact that me and Apache tried it and it will not work. The mag well is too small and if you file the mag well, then your Ak mags will wobble excessively. .223 Ak's are getting hard to get, so why ruin them? MV out!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MontanaVet said:
Not to mention the fact that me and Apache tried it and it will not work.
I know there is a pretty easy way to do it. Not sure what he tried, but I have heard from others that its been done. Hell there are guys that have modded PPSH drums to work in CZ-52's. I do not put t-6 stocks on my guns, but this would be a major improvement. Whats the point in having a RPK with only 30 rnders anyways?

G

·
0 Posts
OK, don't listen to the voices of reason...but, I told you so. Let us know how it goes? MV out!

P.S. If APACHE can't do it, it can't be done. :smile:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Robpiat said:
MontanaVet said:
Not to mention the fact that me and Apache tried it and it will not work.
I know there is a pretty easy way to do it. Not sure what he tried, but I have heard from others that its been done. Hell there are guys that have modded PPSH drums to work in CZ-52's. I do not put t-6 stocks on my guns, but this would be a major improvement. Whats the point in having a RPK with only 30 rnders anyways?
or buying a 177 dollar 45 rd mag for a diffrent caliber rifle and putting a file to it?

dont get me wrong,...i want that black Molot mag something bad,... but i will absolutly not buy one to hack up and use in a 5.56/.223 rifle

i swear to god i saw a 5.56/.223 RPK with a beta mag on it,.. :neutral:
FOUND IT! this is what i think Perdator86 is talking about

http://archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=76847

i raised this subject on the other board and got struck down like i stole money from a church on a sunday,...fuckers,.. i wish i still had the SD card that had the pics of that beta on my 249

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
I don't see any reason why modding a Beta wouldn't work since all your doing is changing the tower ... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beta Mag for .223 AK

I made one for my K-101. I used the standard 10 round Bulgarian poly mag body & epoxied it to the bottom of a standard AR feed tower after cutting off the tower. Hopefully you can get a mental picture of what I am trying to say. Regardless, it works fine.

G

·
0 Posts
Modifying the mag seems like it might work. There is just not room for an adapter and a AR mag together, but modifying the AR mag to connect like an AK mag might work. You can't do that with all your 30 round Ar mags cost effectively. MV out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts