AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at a Maadi parts kit but it is missing the barrel. Who in the US makes the best 7.62 barrel? It is going to be more of a shooter than a historical piece. Has anyone tried Faxon's barrels?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
You do realize that the New Romanian barrels are $140.00 and are Cold Hammer Forged, chrome lined, extremely concentric and they are all size 2222

I think US barrels are obsolete now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd go romy on an Egyptian. If your set on a US get a AK-Builder CHF chrome lined.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was trying to figure out 922r compliance. I figured the barrel would be a good way to stay compliant. I have a bunch of foreign mags so I was hoping to avoid having to to get new mags and/or followers. I guess there is no way to stay compliant without swapping out the furniture or magazines.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
If you're that worried about 922r, then go with a barrel from akbuilder. As far as I am aware, the only people who've ever ran into any issues with 922r have been importers and commercial manufacturers. Now, you get into enough trouble, I'm sure they'd try to drag up a charge, but even in the worst gun control states I've never seen the BATFE demand to count parts on a gun. Not encouraging you to break any laws here by any means but just saying if you're in trouble enough for a nitpicking law like 922r to be on the list of charges, you'll have much more serious charges to worry about.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Get an AK builder nitrided barrel for $100 and save the money on ammo. You won’t shoot the barrel out anyways unless you’re burning through a couple thousand a month

·
Technical Advisor
15,530 Posts
922r is easy., FCG 3 parts, muzzle device 1, receiver 1, piston 1.. Or a magazine follower or floorplate in a commbloc magazine.. US barrel or imported Romanian or Polish barrel etc.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Was looking at a Maadi parts kit but it is missing the barrel. Who in the US makes the best 7.62 barrel? It is going to be more of a shooter than a historical piece. Has anyone tried Faxon's barrels?

Anyone have experience with the AK barrels that O.F. Mossberg manufacturers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts