AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, which readily obtainable(i.e. easy to find and inexpensive) 30-round steel magazine is the best?

Factors should include quality of construction and type/quality of finish...

Bulgarian?

Polish?

East German?

Romanian?

Hungarian?

Chinese?

I've had some steel 30-round Bulgarian mags and really liked them...

·
Registered
15 Posts
SVT said:
Its hard to go wrong with any foreign AK magazine.
What he said. I've got more Chinese than anything, but all the Eastern Europeans mags I have work great, too. AKs should feed and function with monotonous regularity.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Personally, I purchase whatever is the best deal going. I guess if all the mags were layed out in front of me and all were equal as far as condition and price - couple of each :grin: ..... no, no, no that was the old days. Now a days I would opt for (steel) Bulgarian and (Steel)Polish mags in 7.62.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
If they were all the same price, and we are talking 7.62x39mm,

I would get Chinese Bakelite mags because they are so dang expensive and rare,

Bulgerian Circle 10 mags as they are supposed to be really good,

Any good condition Russian mag as they are also rare,

Yugoslavian mags for the BHO feature.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think the Bulgarian steel mags around now are some of the best ever. Much better finish and workmanship than most Eastern European mags and they are running around $15. GREAT mags.

Chicom ribless mags are great for the price too!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have ordred 32 of the centerfire mags, i am somewhat of a mag whore. been thru one band dont want to go thru another with out mags, dont care how many preban you have, if you dont have mags your up a creek withut a paddle.

well anyway the mags are nice. i think out of the 32 i would say i got 8 had rust on them 1 the follower was rusted almost to the mag, a little steele wool and some clp and the cleaned up nice even the ones spotted with rust.

during the ban these mags cenerfire is selling would have gone for at least 6-7 bucks a pop. there a great deal.

sportsman guide also has niw polish steele for 9.87 if you want the niw type.

Ronald

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump...

Looks like I might be getting some Polish ones soon... :thumbsup:

52 days and counting...:dance:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts