AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a WASAR 10 ak-47. I have the side mount rail system for optics. My question what is the best red dot and mout that will allow for co witness with my ak ? I have look at the gas tube replacement mounts, witch look to be the best idea. But I have never seen it or shot it on a rifle. Also I need a good red dot sight for my ak with the price range of $100-200 any ideas

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I personally prefer this combo of scope mount and red dot. cost effective, lower 1/3rd co-witness and repeatable when mounted/dismounted. i have it on three of my guns.
i suppose you don't have to use PA red dot if you don't like it, there are many aimpoint pro type scopes, vortex, bushnell, tru-glo making decent replicas for not whole a lot of money.

I like gas-tube mounts the least. i would rather go through trouble of adding a side rail to the gun than putting on gas-tube rail abomination.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My preference is the AK Mastermount. Easy on and easy off with a return to zero . Also it is biased to the rear of the receiver which for this old guy is important . It is not 1/3 cowitness however . There are not that many mounts that can do this on an AK . With the Mastermount you have a wide variety of options in regards to optics . I have a Sig red dot on my WASR . Any decent red dot will work .

·
Registered
184 Posts
You said you had the side rail so you only need a mount to slide onto it.

Rs Regulate side mount coupled with a vortex red dot would likely be you best bet .
Plus if you ever want to go to a different style optic you already have the mount to do so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a fan of the Aimpoint PRO and micro dots. You'd have to prefer if you're a fan of the 30mm tube and extra weight or the smaller 20/25mm tube which weighs less. Pros and cons to both, but Aimpoint is the way to go, IMO.

Unfortunately you're also going to have to drop a substantial amount on a good mount, either RS Regulate or a Gen 2 Midwest Industries. Master Mount also an option.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts