AK Rifles banner

Best optic for ak-47

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  aklover1505 
#1 ·
I have a WASAR 10 ak-47. I have the side mount rail system for optics. My question what is the best red dot and mout that will allow for co witness with my ak ? I have look at the gas tube replacement mounts, witch look to be the best idea. But I have never seen it or shot it on a rifle. Also I need a good red dot sight for my ak with the price range of $100-200 any ideas

#2 ·
My preference is the AK Mastermount. Easy on and easy off with a return to zero . Also it is biased to the rear of the receiver which for this old guy is important . It is not 1/3 cowitness however . There are not that many mounts that can do this on an AK . With the Mastermount you have a wide variety of options in regards to optics . I have a Sig red dot on my WASR . Any decent red dot will work .

#9 ·
I'm a fan of the Aimpoint PRO and micro dots. You'd have to prefer if you're a fan of the 30mm tube and extra weight or the smaller 20/25mm tube which weighs less. Pros and cons to both, but Aimpoint is the way to go, IMO.

Unfortunately you're also going to have to drop a substantial amount on a good mount, either RS Regulate or a Gen 2 Midwest Industries. Master Mount also an option.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

#14 ·
MI 30mm mount, and Aimpoint Pro, have two of these sets, with several thousand rounds, no issue. Price aside, go with the Aimpoint Pro. The setup allows use of red dot with covers closed, co witness with covers open, lower 3rd. Best setup for co witness. I have another setup on a saiga 308 with ar style telescoping stock...........it is a 30mm mount for traditional scopes, and an aimpoint SC9000. Allows use of unobstructed iron sights, and red bot above, at around the same cost.

this give a more traditional look, and a different functionality

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.